Campster Pop top disaster - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #21

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Made it home with no further problems except that it was lightly raining for a few minutes. Actually got good mileage! the trailer is now in a friend's garage as I got home late and didn't want to be trying to tie down a tarp over it in the dark. I think for short term I'm going to make a quick frame of wood and staple tarp to it and put it on over the existing wood frame (so it fits around it and won't blow off, maybe tie it down, too. Then second step is to figure out a viable travel solution (in case of rain) and a cover for the opening in camp and camp this summer with the canopy over the trailer as that worked well except for cold air through the opening. And then, when I have a garage and no upcoming trips, figure out a permanent fix.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Sportsmobile (www.sportsmobile.com) located in Fresno, CA, builds custom Pop-Up conversions and has a wide variety of pop-up top sizes and shapes. You might contact them and see if they have a top shell that can be modified to fit your Campster. As they do a lot of custom work, they may even do the work, albeit a bit $$$

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #23

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Good idea about Sportsmobile.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campster