Can anyone identify this trailer, sort of Trillium looking? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #41

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Location/contact details at bottom of page 2 on thread.
Can't remember if i said it has an ice box no fridge.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #42

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Viewing Image

Hi David! Thanks for the viewing tip. IT WORKS. Hopefully other viewers will know what to do as well. Thanks to all who offered advice. Much appreciated! Dennis
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #43

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

That is beautiful!
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #44

Name: miles
Trailer: 28ft big foot silver cloud
British Columbia
oddball trailer

I'm being a pain, but I had to see that trailer in Creston, you had sent me a link to a brochure someone had, could you do it again, thanks for your patience.
miles172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This one? Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Trillium Sportsman Brochure
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #46

Name: miles
Trailer: 28ft big foot silver cloud
British Columbia
oddball

YUREEKA I think it's a Trillium that has been re regd. the interior specks are not the same, but I think this one was redone to accomodate much more creature comforts, micro, comode room with personal storage and such...it has all wood interior, I thought all Trilliums had fiberglass counters and wall units...oh well. Thanks to Carol for her efforts with the brouchure.
miles172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #47

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Dont thank me re the brochure that was Donna's efforts!

Glad to hear your convinced! Let us know if you get any confirmation or story on it from the seller.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #48

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles172 View Post
YUREEKA I think it's a Trillium that has been re regd. the interior specks are not the same, but I think this one was redone to accomodate much more creature comforts, micro, comode room with personal storage and such...it has all wood interior, I thought all Trilliums had fiberglass counters and wall units...oh well. Thanks to Carol for her efforts with the brouchure.
It is partially Trillium. The quality work on the interior is either a very skilled owner, or another shop that works in wood.

I am dieing to know what all those vents on the curb side are. Do you know?

I have thought that I would jump at the chance to have a Trillium utility trailer. I find one, but the inside is too nice!? Weird! If I ever find the this one:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-fl-46733.html

Then, I am afraid I would be willing to pay too much for it. Look at all those windows! There is the equivalent of a back window, with an escape hatch, on both sides, not to mention the regular front windows and the one in the door. Now that I have seen the windows in the door of your trailer, I think I would have to add those as well. I would use is as a work shop with a view. Working on Trilliums in a Trillium.

If anyone knows where this trailer is, I would love to know!

My wife says that four trailers is the limit. If I find it, then maybe the 18 year old, and his trailer, need to go.

BTW, he got a job roofing. $16/hr! Two weeks now.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #49

Name: Robert
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
My "five cents"..this unit has almost (but not quite) an identical body shape as our 79 Tril Jubilee...it's missing some aft side windows and a small "flat" panel aft of the door...and of course it has the rear "patio entrance double doors" ..but the style is definitely from a Trillium mold....same side door, same front window, etc. The interior is "a complete redesign" however...someone's done a lot of custom work?
rcaulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #50

Registry
The Trillium Sportman came empty if I am reading the brochure correctly so anything inside would be expected to be custom.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #51

Name: Robert
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
I agree Carol...but like has been said before...a great job of custom finishing on this one....nicely done! Now if I were to cut out the back of ours and buy some french doors..hmmm??? LOL
rcaulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #52

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaulen View Post
I agree Carol...but like has been said before...a great job of custom finishing on this one....nicely done! Now if I were to cut out the back of ours and buy some french doors..hmmm??? LOL
LOL I suspected it would give someone a few ideas! French doors would be a cool feature! I'm kind of wondering if there is a chance the trailer was actually taken to be finished off by Triple E thus the registration name mix up ..... but then again the inside looks newer than that or at least in the photos it does ... hummm hopefully the purchaser will be able to talk with the previous owner to get the whole story.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #53

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
hi folks new to this forum so will try to be brief and accurate. I now own this trailer from the Kootenays. It is registered as A 1969 triple e Sportsman. Although it is a Trilliam. I have completely gutted it as the worksmanship in side of it was good it weighed to much for the axles to bear. It weighs 1298 lbs empty spare tire and propane bottle (full) left on at weigh scales. I removed 550 lbs of plywood out of it and it was a real struggle to remove as all was glued nailed and screwed together. The remaining items water tank, heater, sink, icebox and stove top might weigh in at 100 lbs combined if I throw the micro wave and curtains in with the lot. ( it had 4 motorcycle tie downs also) I have since removed the doors and replaced the backing for mounting of doors. The rear door has a 2x2 vertical steel frame with 3/4 inch plywood sandwiched in between fiberglass and steel, all backing was dryrotted from leaking doors seals. I reglued new plywood to these sections and butyl and remounted all the doors. When cleaning the dirt from where door mounts on fiberglass I found the fiberglassers witness tags for assembly of the two halves it is impressed in the fiberglass the number is 003 and yes I am thinking it is a early Trillium and some of the shoddy ways in which the two molds are put together unlike later ones.I will post the pics of the work so far when i figure how to do. I have a long way to go to totally rebuilt. It needs a few more original windows and new axle and cabinetry. as for frame it is real good and a far cry better than my Boler. I will welcome the extra 2 ft when done.
Someone asked about the vents on the curbside the small middle one is stove top fan vent and the heater vent next to door the rear most one is a opps vent!! someone in the past had cut a hole for looks to me like water filler, did not use it and did not do a great patch job so covered it with grill.
Ryan
ryan parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #54

pictures of start of rebuild. Two of the pics are of plywood backing being reglued in one is of the empty shell and other is of rotten wood remnants.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0650.JPG   IMG_0665.JPG  

IMG_0664.JPG   IMG_0672.JPG  

Old 09-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #55

these two pics are of fiber glassers witness marks impressed into mould before assembly of the halves. When our fiber glassers at Waterway Houseboats made two parts for assembly to make one larger part they just etched there marks in and recorded them(no fancy die stamp marks) This gave them the required number of parts pushed out of each mould, so scheduling for maintenance and longevity of mould was always known at all times. These two marks lead me to believe they are the third pushed out of these particular moulds. Has anyone found marks in newer Trilliums?
Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0658.JPG   IMG_0660.JPG  

Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #56

off to the dump with all this fir plywood out of Sportsman, 550 lbs to be exact
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0648.JPG  
Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #57

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Nice find Ryan, looking forward to seeing what you do with your interior. Hopefully it will be less than 550#
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #58

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
That is amazing how much the plywood weighed!
Can't wait to see the finished result. That's a big project but sounds like it ended up in the right hands for the job.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #59

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan parsons View Post
these two pics are of fiber glassers witness marks impressed into mould before assembly of the halves. When our fiber glassers at Waterway Houseboats made two parts for assembly to make one larger part they just etched there marks in and recorded them(no fancy die stamp marks) This gave them the required number of parts pushed out of each mould, so scheduling for maintenance and longevity of mould was always known at all times. These two marks lead me to believe they are the third pushed out of these particular moulds. Has anyone found marks in newer Trilliums?
Ryan
Pic's a good closeup, but no identifiers as to location of the marks... where should we look?
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #60

Registry
Ryan, glad to see the trailer found a good home. I am sure your aware but not sure the others here are that the party who you purchased the trailer from has had a dozen or more fiberglass trailers so they are fairly familiar with the various brands. At a rally last week they mentioned they did contact Trillium and obtained measurement for the Sportsman in the brochure and after that they were pretty sure it wasn't a Trillium. Regardless it is a nice find!

Tags
trillium