Can anyone show me pics of their tables - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2006, 12:13 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Hello again,

In my 1978 trillium, The table is homemade. I'd like to see what it originally looked like! If anyone has some good pics of the table, the leaf, and the mounting hardware, I'd love to see it!
Ryan Kennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 73 Boler
Sorry. No picture because my table just went to the dump. My table though consisted of 3/4 plywood covered in arborite and the edge had a vinyl strip around it. That was probably its original table.
colin k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Her you go.
This is the last peice of wood left that is original to my 4500.
Let me know if you want something more specific.

Name:   Canon_1st_try_016.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  54.4 KB
[attachment=243
5:attachment]

Name:   Canon_1st_try_022.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  54.1 KB
Attached Images

Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #4

Thanks Ed, I understand more about the pieces Im missing. My hardware does not coincide with the home made table that is in there. Does the leaf remove, and fit in the closet? There is a holder in my closet that would make more sence if my table had a leaf.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Thanks Ed, I understand more about the pieces Im missing. My hardware does not coincide with the home made table that is in there. Does the leaf remove, and fit in the closet? There is a holder in my closet that would make more sence if my table had a leaf.
Ryan
The removable section does fit in the closet.
What I have never understood is how to use that section once it is in the closet?
If it is in there and you use the closet,you can not get the section out.
If the closet is in use already then you can not really get that section in?
Otherwise it seems like a great idea.

There are a series of dowel pins on the mating edges of each section including the one on the wall of the trailer.These pins help center the sections to each other and prevent sideways movement of any part when all are used.

I like using just the end section in mine which is the one attached to the hardware as it gives much easier access to the seating.
The downside is that this section can not support the bed or even a 1/2 bed close to the wall because of the way the hardware works.

If I make my own top I will likely address each of these issues to make it more flexible for me. I am in it by myself frequently and could get by with the 1/2 bed setup.
In fact I use the front bench as a single bed by removing or lifting the backreast and it is a decent sized single bed. This way I can leave the table as a table when I am by myself.

There is also a nifty silverware drawer under the front edge of the table.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #6

Good ideas Ed, Im going to build a new table, But I want to use the stock hardware. My table will probably be all one piece, and I'd like to put the silverware droor back under it. I have an RV wrecking yard not far from me, so I can get the rest of the stock hardware. Not to many eggs in my neck of the woods, but every motorhome in the 70's used similer stuff