Can I use 3M 90 adhesive at temps less than 65? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Can I use 3M 90 adhesive at temps less than 65?

Argggggg First, I was waiting for the temps to get warm enough to paint the interior fiberglass cabinets. Suddenly, the temps last week went from 60's to 97!!!!! I got up at 6:30 am, and got them painted before it got too hot!

Now it's time to put the reflectix and wall covering on and the temps today and tomorrow are supposed to be 55-60 degrees! I googled info on the 3M and of course, the magic number was 65. Has anyone here used it at cooler temps and how did it work???

Sure would like to get this done---I'm already missing a Kansas rally this weekend!

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation Follow the instructions for the best results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Now it's time to put the reflectix and wall covering on and the temps today and tomorrow are supposed to be 55-60 degrees! I googled info on the 3M and of course, the magic number was 65. Has anyone here used it at cooler temps and how did it work?
I used it on my Compact Jr's reflectix install, and I'd advise you to wait. The day I installed mine, I got it up in late the afternoon, and at sundown the temps dropped. The next morning ALL of my reflectix on the ceiling had fallen and was hanging by the mid-point of the wall. I had to do it all over.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Yikes! Once will be enough for me! Thanks Frederick---I'll wait. Maybe we will get the new table saw out of the box (Mother's Day present!) and cut those new cabinet doors tomorrow!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote