Can the interior spring in a roll out awning be fixed or replaced? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2016, 07:28 AM   #1

Name: Kenny
Trailer: '79 13' trillium
Ontario
Can the interior spring in a roll out awning be fixed or replaced?

As the title says, I'm looking for some help with my awning.
Can the internal spring in a roll out awning be fixed or replaced?
When we take the awning out of the metal case, it rolls out easy and all the poles are there. It's just such a hassle to get it back in because the spring doesn't 'pull' it back toward the trailer.
I'm in southern Ontario. Help?
Ksimdjembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Yes, it probably can be replaced or re tensioned but be very careful if you try to do it yourself. I just replaced the awning material on my Bigfoot and did it myself. There are several U tube videos that show you how to di it. I had an A & E brand but there are others. Find the make and model number and do a google search. You should be able to find everything you need. Parts and instructions are listed, but again. be careful. Those springs are under severe tension and if not released properly can cause injury.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning