Can't find furnace - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #21

Name: Devin
Trailer: Collins fifth wheel
Arkansas
Well I think it could be several things. Might be the blower motor could be the circuit board, spider webs or nests in exhaust maybe some of the wires. I'm thinking I'll have to have a mechanic come look. But the blower doesn't come on
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #22

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
If you found the heater there should also be an intake and exhaust outside Two holes over over the other about 1 1/2: diameter with chrome bezel(s).
The fan must run and the sail switch made before the gas valve will turn on and
the ignition start.
Find the thermostat and turn the fan on.
You may have a fuse blown or the overheat thermostat might need to be reset.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
I do own a 31 foot 5th wheel and it does take a few attemps to get the furnace to light due to air in the line.
What happens when you turn on the thermostate to heat and then turn up to above indoor temp?
You should hear the furnace fan turn on followed by the electric spark ignitor..it will click about a 12 times then rest...and do it again...3 times
If it doesn't light..repeat...if still doesn't light, make sure you have enough electricity to open gas valve.
Now after hearing it run you should know where it is and check where gas lines run to it, inside or outside and make sure if there is a gas valve that it is turned on.
Furnace works of 12 volts but needs good battery or shore power to run. It takes alot of power to open the gas valve with the fan running also.
If hooked up to shore power make sure your switch is turned on for the converter...if not you may be running just off your batteries and may not have enough power to open gas valve.
If none of the about works...find outside of furnace hatch and there will be a reset button on the motor to make the fan work.
All these controls work one after another for safety.
If still doesn't work bring it in to a repairman.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:37 AM   #24

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Might be worth asking over on rv.net, they have a fifth wheel sub forum. May get lucky and find someone that has, or has had the same trailer or issue.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #25

If my thread is read...I did have the issue where it went through the cycle but wouldn't ignite...When checked, as said in thead 25, I was hooked up to shore power but the switch to the converter was not turned on so it was trying to operate the furnace on just my batteries, which were not up to snuff.
Thus, it did not have the power to open gas valve.
When switch was thrown over to converter...it took 3 tries to get it to purge air out of line and ignite.
Devin, did anything I said work for you?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:36 AM   #26

Florida
On my 5th wheel if the heater failed to fire I had to cycle the power to reset it.
In my Duotherm I could turn the thermostat off and back on to go through another start cycle.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:35 PM   #27

Name: Devin
Trailer: Collins fifth wheel
Arkansas
Well The blower isn't coming on at all. When I move the thermostat I do hear a click in the thermostat itself but nothing else happens.
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #28

on the left hand top of your picture on post 16 is the reset button for motor. Like said if nothing happend after you hit this to reset it then you may have to bring it to service person....
If can check to make sure the wires on back of thermostate are not broken. Just take front cover off and you see wires that should be color coded and hook them up to proper screws.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #29

Florida
Reset the motor and check breakers ad check fuses.
If you know how to troubleshoot with a meter you can check to see if 12 volts are going to the heater and thethermostat.
On my heater if the heater ran out of Propane or first start after sitting open the thermostat on - off switch and to be turned off and back on

Tags
furnace