Carefree Travel Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #1

Trailer: Carefree
Thumbs up

I own a Carefree (molded fiberglass trailer),am thinking about selling it but cannot find any info on it??!! Has anyone heard of it...It was built in Trail, BC 1978...14ft, sleeps 4,furnace,stove,fridge and sink. Not trying to sell it on this site...just looking for info to find out what it may be worth!
Lisha F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Got pictures?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Got pictures?

Unfortunately, not on the computer. Will try to get some on here in the next week. I have only seen one other Carefree in a campground a few years ago...wondering if they only made two..lol
Old 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #4

Lisha, for some reason it's ringing a bell, but probably as you said few made so I don't recall seeing info on them, but hang on cause others may pipe in here and help you out.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
like this?

http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/node/1294
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #6

I just searched and found this topic, actually here on the general forum from past discussions. Here's a link to one (same pic's that Tom posted)

Carefree topic

The last reply on that topic is from Booker, who bought one. So if your trailer is similar you might want to Pm Booker and ask some questions.

As far as selling it here I am sure there would be plenty of people who would like to buy it. Post it on the "for sale by owner" Forum, just click the forums button to the left of this page and scroll down to the "FOR SALE" forum.

Actually, where are you at? I just might want a project.....................................
Old 02-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #7

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	Other_D_2_333x250.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	26243
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #8

Wow...thankyou so much for the info...it is exactly the same as the one Kevin posted (except not two-toned..all cream colored)! I have been searching for days for anything...I am so glad I found this site!! I have the original paperwork for it, it doesn't say "kitten" anywhere but it is identical. Thanks again to everyone for the information!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote:
I just searched and found this topic, actually here on the general forum from past discussions. Here's a link to one (same pic's that Tom posted)

Carefree topic

The last reply on that topic is from Booker, who bought one. So if your trailer is similar you might want to Pm Booker and ask some questions.

As far as selling it here I am sure there would be plenty of people who would like to buy it. Post it on the "for sale by owner" Forum, just click the forums button to the left of this page and scroll down to the "FOR SALE" forum.

Actually, where are you at? I just might want a project.....................................
Thanks Robin for your advice and info today! I may already have a buyer for it and I'm in BC Canada..kinda far away from u!! Take care
Old 06-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #10

Name: Bryan
British Columbia
1978 Carefree - looking for the missing stuff in this thread

Hi All,

I have a 1978 Carefree and am having a heck of a time as the original poster did - finding any info.

All I can get out of this old thread is the tiny pic of what could be a brochure or owner's manual.

I'm hoping to find some info about who made these things and for how long - and of course a manual to know where things are/were.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers
CarefreeLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefreeLad View Post
Hi All,

I have a 1978 Carefree and am having a heck of a time as the original poster did - finding any info.

All I can get out of this old thread is the tiny pic of what could be a brochure or owner's manual.

I'm hoping to find some info about who made these things and for how long - and of course a manual to know where things are/were.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Bryan, if you use the MFROG Custom Google Search and type "Carefree Trailer" (no quotes) you'll get all the links to any discussions about this brand of trailer. You'll probably get some for Carefree awnings in the mix too. Best of luck!

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...95:46zkzu4-jj0
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #12

Name: Bryan
British Columbia
Thanks Donna - I'll give that a whirl

BTW...I was wrong - this is a 1975 trailer.

I had seen somewhere in my searching yesterday that there was some question about these being manufactured in Trail BC or a nearby town called Glenelle I think it was.

Well...the plate/decal on mine says Trail BC - have a serial number as well which I suspect may be handy once I can find any data on these things ;-)

Cheers
CarefreeLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:10 AM   #13

Name: Karen
Yukon
Would you be able
To send this manual to me please? I just bought a carefree kitten trailer and will be fixing it up.
Thanks
Karen
Yukon Karen is offline   Reply With Quote