Casita Awning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I am sure others have had awnings put on after purchasing a used Casita. But where did you get your awning? Did you order it from the Factory, or did you buy it thru Camping World or other Rv parts and Service place. The new to us Casita, doesn't have a awning and we were wanting to get one, but I am stumped. I called Casita, but their closed for Vacations!!!! So I thought I would ask here. Thanks Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #2

Another question, For a 17 ft Casita, How long of an awning should I have? I found one at camping world, on sale even. But I a clueless how long of one I should order. Thanks for your help. Robin
Old 07-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I think the one at Camping World is the correct small awning. Fiamma or something. Check on casitaforum.com for more help.
I think mounting it will be a real job. check casitaclub.com

Joseph and Melanie Castine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. I am not going to mount it.................................. I was going to take it to someone who has worked on Casita's in this area. So hopefully he know's what he's doing. When we went to look at a Casita thru the referral program, the people had just had a Fantastic fan and a few other things done by him, so I am hopeing he can do a great job! I will check out the Camping world ones. Robin
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Robin, you're going to want to get the brackets for the trailer from Casita, they're especially made for the trailer. Tell them you're getting a case awning (I guess that's what you want, like what Casita mounts?) Check out the Dometic site here, for case awning info. Dometic doesn't sell direct, but any RV supplier can order from them: Catalina Case Awning, Easy To Set Up - A Breeze To Store.

You'll see plenty of these awnings at the Oregon Gathering, I have one on my Scamp
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #6

Thanks Donna, I tried to call Casita and they are closed this week! Vacations (how dare they.......LOL) I wanted to have it done before we took off for the Rally. But that didn't work out. So it will have to wait till we get back. Oh Well. But Thanks for the info. Robin
Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
I'm not sure, but I'm almost positive, my Casita has the Dometic Horizon awning. I'm not sure what the differences are between the Catalina and the Horizon; maybe they're no longer using the Horizon, but I haven't heard that from anyone. (Since my Casita's a 1999, your mileage may vary.)

The awning is nice, but we managed without one on our first Casita. Lot's of people use "EZ-up" style shelters, or screen rooms. (I recommend getting the awning - the Horizon works very, very well! But, for the Oregon Gathering, maybe you can make do with your picnic table tarp/shelter/whatever you have. You will, as Donna said, definitely have an opportunity to check out the awnings in use on these small, curved sided trailers.)

Have fun!

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #8

Thanks Mary, I will be checking out awnings, I have experianced all kinds of awnings, usally when guest left for the day and left their awnings out and a storm would come thru and we would be scattering trying to close as many as we could before they blew off the rigs................... Since I had a sign in the office and a warning on the Park map, I should have just let them blow off. But I couldn't see their trip being ruined by their awning being screwed up. At this point I am just going to have to make due till be get back. But it will be nice to be able to see several brands. Thanks everyone for your help. Robin

Tags
casita