Casita rear window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: In the market
Oregon
Casita rear window

I would like to reglaze my 1994 Casita rear window. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks Don
Dondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
That might be problematic since Casita reshaped their trailer molds back in 2003, and the rear window they now use, and have used since then, is taller and narrower than the older window units. You might find yourself looking to either have a special tempered window pane custom made ($$$) or else, look through the RV window catalogs for on that will fit. Most likely, there won't be a direct match, but several manufacturers will custom make a new window to your specs, including corner radii, tint packages, frame color, etc.
I've bought a small custom window, (which I installed in the front of my Casita so I can see out the front without having to go outside,) from this outfit. They'll custom make just about anything you could want, and they're close by.

https://www.motionwindows.com/about/
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #3

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 ft SD
Colorado
Casita rear glass

Check with your local glass company, they can either cut one that WI fit or order one.
ehoepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:52 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoepner View Post
Check with your local glass company, they can either cut one that will fit or order one.
First, you can't cut "tempered glass." If you go through a "3rd party" glass company to order it, then they will jack up the price as well so they get their "cut." The outfit I linked to above actually cuts and tempers their own glass. They have the ovens and everything needed to make a tempered window to any specs you desire. You definitely don't want to install regular sheet window glass. It needs to be tempered glass.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita