Charging Battery and running battery lights when plugged in - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #1

Name: Todd
California
Charging Battery and running battery lights when plugged in

I tried searching the forums for this answer but not sure I used the right combination of words as I am sure someone has asked this before.

When we purchased our 1992 Scamp there was no battery. When plugged in, the only light that worked is the one above the counter top. Once we added a battery all the other lights and fan then worked.

My question is this, is there some type of way to get the battery charged and all lights working via the 110 connection? Is this just asking for too much from the single connection and thus they don't allow it? Forgive me as my electrical skills are not great at all so this may be completely impossible.
Nor_Cal_Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
Just plug a battery charger into 100v and connect to battery.
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Registry
Same answer, I don't have any inverter, so I got a little intelligent charger, permenantly installed, it does the job. ;-) And I don't see any needs for an inverter.

Even when I'm at home I plug my Boler, so the battery gets its tickle charge to maintain it.

Tags
battery, lighting, lights