Cheapest Place to Buy Front Window seal with locking strip - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #21

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Thanks for the link but I think I'm going to stick with Speedy. Sorry the first post should say speedy, somehow I missed a "Y". It looks like its only a few dollar difference.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #22

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
that price doesn't seem out of line to me. plus,,, if no one buys parts,,,eventualy they won't sell parts,,,and then nobody CAN buy parts... sometimes its a good thing to support those that support us.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #23

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
bkboler, does that place have a site to do online orders? or they just a local place that does business out a store front?

if they don't do online orders, can you ask them if they'll ship to ontario next time your in? or if they'll ship at all?

thanks for the info Brian
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #24

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotsniff View Post
bkboler, does that place have a site to do online orders? or they just a local place that does business out a store front?

if they don't do online orders, can you ask them if they'll ship to ontario next time your in? or if they'll ship at all?

thanks for the info Brian
No worries Joel, I will be there on Monday or Tuesday and I'll see what they can do. Maybe they can tell me where they get it from. Speedy Auto Glass is just a typical shop that replaces windows on vehicles.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #25

Sarnia, Ontario
sorry brian, didn't realize it was speedy auto glass. I just read speed glass or something. but maybe you have a part number? then I could just get it from the shop here? if they stock it?

appreciate your time,

Joel
Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #26

Manitoba
Quote:
sorry brian, didn't realize it was speedy auto glass. I just read speed glass or something. but maybe you have a part number? then I could just get it from the shop here? if they stock it?

appreciate your time,

Joel
When I go next week I'll ask for a part number. I have a 2 inch piece to compare with the old seal but I think its the same except the new has the lockstrip attached. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Have a good weekend everyone!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #27

Manitoba
Quote:

appreciate your time,

Joel
Hi Joel
So I went to a wholesale supply company for windows and got a part number which is where Speedy gets theirs from and then called Speedy to match it up and its good.
The part number is 6200140.
Let me know how it goes.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #28

Manitoba
Just picked up 24 feet of the window seal and the new tinted back window. Can't wait to install it this weekend. I will replace the front window in the next couple of weeks. Now that I know how to add pics, I will start a new thread with my renos.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #29

Sarnia, Ontario
Hey Brian, thanks again for posting the info on where to get that seal.

if you are so excited to post pictures could you post a picture up of that window seal you pick up when you have a minute? a side profile of it?

I'm going to call speedy right now to see if they can get/carry it.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #30

Sarnia, Ontario
hey Brian,

speedy glass here seems to wants $2.50ft for that stuff WTF?

greedy frickers.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #31

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboler
Just picked up 24 feet of the window seal and the new tinted back window. Can't wait to install it this weekend. I will replace the front window in the next couple of weeks. Now that I know how to add pics, I will start a new thread with my renos.
How much were your windows and what's the trick to getting them out and back in. Thanks!'
Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #32

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Jimbo View Post
How much were your windows and what's the trick to getting them out and back in. Thanks!'
Hey Jimbo, no real trick. Just get ahold of the lock strip and pull it out and you should just be able to push the window right out. There is a post on this forum somewhere that has a step by step video,not sure what thread its in but if you google "replacing boler window" it should take you to a link of the same video.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #33

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Thanks. Great tip. I'll go look
Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #34

Manitoba
I forgot to mention that for the window I went with acrylic which I was told was stronger then plexi. Oh, and I used a tinted piece that they had in stock. It cost a whopping 100.00 canadian after tax. That was just for the back window.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #35

Manitoba
Quote:
Hey Brian, thanks again for posting the info on where to get that seal.

if you are so excited to post pictures could you post a picture up of that window seal you pick up when you have a minute? a side profile of it?

I'm going to call speedy right now to see if they can get/carry it.
Hey Joel, I figure pricing varries depending on where you are and how far its shipped from the manufacturer. I wouldn't be surprised if the price of a carton of milk from Walmart was different than what I pay.
Anyway, before I get to deep on a topic I don't know much about, here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
001.JPG   003.JPG  

004.JPG   005.JPG  

Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #36

Manitoba
Looking at the second pic you have the groove on top which fits around the glass, bottom groove around the fiberglass and the piece on the left that juts out is the attached lock strip that you squeeze into place to lock it all together.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #37

Manitoba
I should probably add that there is a rally just outside Winnipeg at St. Malo Provincial campground, August 17th to 19th. This will be my first one. Pretty excited!!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #38

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
Eddie, the glass groove is between 3/16" & 1/4" wide while fiberglass groove is between 3/32" & 1/8" wide. The entire gasket is about 1" wide when installed...
Hi Harvey, is that seal a replacement, or is that the seal you pulled off your camper? Your second pic shows it only being 1" wide. Mine is 1.25 wide. All around is just a little bigger than yours. Just wondering which one would be the original.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #39

Manitoba
On another post I did say that I did buy the seal that looks lile the ones you (Harvey) posted but the window seems a little flimsey at the top. From the inside, if you push out at the top center, you can easily push the window out.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #40

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboler View Post
Hi Harvey, is that seal a replacement, or is that the seal you pulled off your camper? Your second pic shows it only being 1" wide. Mine is 1.25 wide. All around is just a little bigger than yours. Just wondering which one would be the original.
The pic of the short piece is the replacement sent from Scamp. As you can see from my pix on first page of this thread, my old seal appears to be a little wider than the new stuff as installed (but that may be age & deterioration), but not a quarter inch difference?? The plexiglass is in very solidly now with no 'give' or flex that I can tell.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote