Checklist in Apple Notes - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #21

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
it will be interesting to see if I can export to Notes.
Thanks again Mike
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:19 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
MindManager is an app that is wonderful for creating this sort of thing. It is a "brainstorming" tool that lets you create on the fly and then organize afterwards. The files can be exported to Word, PDF, and actually just about any format you want. MindManager is available for Windows and Mac computers. Once you create your searchable list, you can access it from a smartphone or computer. If I did not own a computer, I would buy one just to have this one program. It is not available for Linux, but of course if you are smart enough to run Linux you probably already know of several free programs that do the same thing.

The company is "MindJet". The app is "MindManager".
jim_ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #23

Tennessee
Thanks Jim. Mindmanager is not offered through the Apple App Store. More importantly, it is way more than what I need.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:16 AM   #24

Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19
Smith Valley, Nevada
Thanks David and Henry!

I also have a Macbook pro and use notes regularly for things other than the trailer. A searchable inventory would be a nice thing to have. I'm finding it is becoming more important to have a pre-flight checklist too. I never saw the need for that until I got the new trailer and began to make a few mistakes with the radically different procedure it has, compared to my Oliver. Things like the parking brake, articulating hitch procedure, sliding door latch, tank heaters, fresh and general water systems, fridge fuel selection, inverter controls, etc. The first couple of trips have shown that it might be better to have a list written down.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #25

Tennessee
John
We checked out the a Black Series Trailer at the dealership at which we bought the Big Foot. Words cannot describe it. It is literally armored and heavy duty. The only reason we did not buy it was because the floor plan does not fit our needs. There is no doubt you will be very pleased with the Black Series trailer.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
It looks like it supports a number of formats.

Import your notes and files to the Notes app https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205793

Text file formats that you can import
On your Mac, you can import many different types of text files into Notes. When you import files, each text file is converted to a new note.

Notes can import the following file types:

.txt
.rtf
.rtfd
.html
Old 12-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #27

Tennessee
Thank you Mike. I did not know it is possible to import files into Apple Notes. This may explain why I have a long list of tools in one of my new Notes files that I do not remember inputting. Next time I input a file into Notes I will read it.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #28

Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
John
We checked out the a Black Series Trailer at the dealership at which we bought the Big Foot. Words cannot describe it. It is literally armored and heavy duty. The only reason we did not buy it was because the floor plan does not fit our needs. There is no doubt you will be very pleased with the Black Series trailer.
Thanks Henry,

So far, we love it and have pulled it about 3,000 miles. We just got back from Moab on Wednesday. Because of the cold weather in Utah, I've kept the general water system winterized and the drinking water tank heater on while driving. I've also installed a recirculating system to help with freeze protection and preserve water. We took it through Cotter Mine Road, just north of Moab, which is a fairly serious 4WD Jeep trail, then enjoyed the luxury of it in the blowing snow that night. It does both, the off-road and the luxury apartment thing, quite well.

I've discovered that there are three categories of trailer: The typical American stickie, the molded fiberglass, and the Australian Caravan. Each, much different than the others. I gave up on stickies years ago. Our Oliver was a very nice trailer and best in a number of ways, but the HQ19 suits us better and is unique in it's features.

There aren't many around and I'm glad you got to see one up close. I'm helping set up a website, similar to this one, that is dedicated to Caravans, so we can begin to build a community. Last week was the first annual Black Series Rally near Moab. We'll be in Quartzsite in January, then at the Oliver Rally in Guntersville, Alabama in May (where the Black Series will make me the Black Sheep of the family), and finally, at the Smithsonian in June.