Chevy Colorado 7-Pin Connector - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #1

Name: Jane
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr 1972
Colorado
Registry
Chevy Colorado 7-Pin Connector

Does anyone know if my 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2, which has the factory installed brake controller and 7-pin connector, has the same wiring as the new Casita I pick up mid-December? If not, what do I do?
janel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
7 pin connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by janel View Post
Does anyone know if my 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2, which has the factory installed brake controller and 7-pin connector, has the same wiring as the new Casita I pick up mid-December? If not, what do I do?
It 'should', it's an industry standard. Although some times the fuse is not installed in some trucks.
Attached Thumbnails
7 pin.jpg  
AC0GV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by janel View Post
I have a 2015 Colorado. Check your book. I had the 7 pin connector but not the the brake control. You will need a sway bar too. I had the Brake controller installed myself.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
It 'should', it's an industry standard.
Yes, “it should”.

I have a 2018 Chevy Colorado WT which came without a tow bar, a braking controller and a trailer connector. I found that the Chevy wiring harnesses for the breaking controller and the Chevy wiring harness for the trailer connector matched the “standard” color codes when adding those items. Also, the color codes for the trailer connector's wiring harness matched the wiring harness as documented in the Casita Travel Trailer A-Z Owners Guide.

All together, the (now upgraded) truck and my (new to me) 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe connect up just fine.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
My 2016 Colorado came with the tow package less the controller. The wiring matched our '79 Boler. I bought a brake controller and installed it myself (mostly plug and play).
I also got a 7 pin tester from Princess Auto. Great item to carry in the tool box.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...er/A-p8271173e
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #6

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
My 2017 Canyon has the factory set up and yes it is standard and the sister truck the Colorado should be the same set up.
lgboro is offline   Reply With Quote