City Water - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
City Water

OK.

I have a 2002 Casita FD. Last month I took it to a campground on the GA coast. Hooked up the city water. Everything seemed fine. After a while we noticed that water was coming out of the overflow on the freshwater tank. The tank had been empty. Thus, water was going THROUGH the system and into the freshwater tank.

There were no leaks under the trailer, nor inside the trailer. It was just that the city water hookup was backfilling the freshwater tank!

The pump seemed to be working okay, but isn't it the pump that should stop something like that from happening? The city water hookup worked normally on the trip before that one. We've made no improvements or alterations to the Casita between the two trips.

Any ideas? Is it the pump?
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #2

Name: Gary & Jona
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II
Florida
Hello I am going to take a shot at this one and say your Water Pump check valve is leaking and allowing water to flow back into your fresh water holding tank. Trace your pipe and I would guess it is the only way possible. Good luck, Thanks Gary
Old 05-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I had that same problem once. I assume that some debris got into the pump from the fresh water tank, past the screen that is between the tank and the pump. The fresh water tank filling system allows all kinds of stuff to fall in, after all. Whatever caused it must have moved on with the water flow. It has not happened again.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #4

Name: Tony
Trailer: Boler
BC
So much easier just to fill the tank and use the pump. When the water tank is empty, the holding tank is full so we fill the water and then empty the holding tank.
Any number of horror stories about city water drowning the inside of rv's.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #5

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Bob do you use a pressure reducer on the inlet ?
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote