Cleaning & Repair RV Trailer Cover tarps - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #1

Name: Blaine
Trailer: Aritocrat Landcommander
Washington
Cleaning & Repair RV Trailer Cover tarps

Finally removed the winter cover over my 18 ft trailer. It's suffered a few tears (60 - 80 mph winds are common here on the coast) and the edges around the bottom of the cover are soiled from beating against the ground in our winter storms. This was our first winter doing this. Now I am looking for advice on the best way to clean this cover and repair the tears it suffered. TY
Woof70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 96 Casita Spirit Delux 16 ft
I think I would try laying it flat on one side in your driveway. Using your, or a rented, pressure washer with a fairly strong laundry soap solution, spray down the dirty places and let it soak for a few minutes, then rinse. Then turn it over and do the other side.
Those are my first thoughts.
Don
Doninut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #3

Washington
Trailer cover

Good. Got the pressure washer. Probably use a lower setting, though. Need to fix the tears afterward.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #4

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof70 View Post
Finally removed the winter cover over my 18 ft trailer. It's suffered a few tears (60 - 80 mph winds are common here on the coast) and the edges around the bottom of the cover are soiled from beating against the ground in our winter storms. This was our first winter doing this. Now I am looking for advice on the best way to clean this cover and repair the tears it suffered. TY
Just cleaned my CalMark cover. Man those things are heavy when wet. I draped mine over my town vehicle, Highlander. Washed with Dawn and hot water, outside only, let dry and put back on the trailer. Looks purdy now, as only a grey trailer cover can! I had thought about taking it to a commercial machine but was told by CalMark, NO Way, it would damage the material.

Mark
Old 04-24-2019, 10:25 AM   #5

Washington
Yup. Hand washing

is what I found when I googled the subject. It is a beast of a thing to lug around. Oh well. Gotta be done.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #6

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof70 View Post
is what I found when I googled the subject. It is a beast of a thing to lug around. Oh well. Gotta be done.

I know I should hand wash the cover in the early spring months while it is still on the Scamp but I'm often too impatient. I just want to rip that cover off and go camping and the heck with a clean cover!
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: Oliver LEll
North Carolina
Used Calmark cover

I bought a used Calmark purchased in 2019 cover that fits an Oliver for our new 2020 Oliver Elite ll. Since Calmark is closed and I got it for less than half price -$500 plus shipping I am ok with used. The price was more than fair. A new cover would have been $1200 shipped plus a 4 week lead time. The cover has no visible holes or tears And appears in very good condition. I even have the original patch kit. But does have a light tan stain on the top. Calmark warns to use ONLY non detergent soap.
Any suggestions on non detergent soap would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Patriot
Attached Thumbnails
CEBFAF9F-5B82-4B6A-805B-41350598A0F2.jpg  
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote