Cleaning interior wall fabric scamp. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #1

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Washington
Cleaning interior wall fabric scamp.

Just bought a 1997 13' Scamp...my first travel trailer....couldn't be happier...just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to clean the fabric walls on the interior of the Scamp? No real damage just has a slight residue that you can feel when touching the walls. Thanks for any suggestions!!!!
NW Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Scamp View Post
Just bought a 1997 13' Scamp...my first travel trailer....couldn't be happier...just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to clean the fabric walls on the interior of the Scamp? No real damage just has a slight residue that you can feel when touching the walls. Thanks for any suggestions!!!!
When we first got our Scamp, we treated the inside with scotchgard, so everything is definitely colorfast.
Rat fur can take just about anything, we have cleaned the door with windex,and even degreaser with water.
Deb suggests simply a light spray of windex and a light scrubbing with a washcloth. this stuff doesn't really get wet so don't spray too heavily.
When dry and satisfactorily clean you might consider Scotchgard fabric protector.

I kinda like the idea of using scotchgard fabric cleaner and protector to start with, I have not used it on ratfur but i have used it on moderately soiled automobile interiors for years without harm...
Deb is smarter than I am, so maybe she has the best advice, but if you use the product below (or whatever you use) spray it lightly to keep it on the surface since any liquid goes right through the fabric, I'm not worried about hurting the fabric but you don't want a lot of stuff running down behind it or harming the glue, which is not likely....
You know the standard disclaimer whatever you use..."test it on an inconspicuous spot first, just to be sure."

3M Scotchgard 1014-D Fabric And Upholstery Cleaner, 14-Ounce - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo! Shopping
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #3

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Washington
Thanks Floyd!!! I will give it a try and see how it goes. Happy Scamping!
NW Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #4

Name: Sue & Gene
Trailer: 1989 Scamper 16ft
Illinois
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Scamp View Post
Thanks Floyd!!! I will give it a try and see how it goes. Happy Scamping!

We have used cleaner such as Mr Clean diluted with water-and wiped it all down with a wash rag-worked out well plus left a nice fresh scent in the camper!

Sue & Gene T
Canton, IL
Susanm34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
My wife has allergies and can't deal with most cleaners. When she will be using the camper after cleaning I use a Shark steamer and brush the rat fur. Just light steam and brush, too much steam and you could possibly loosen the glue.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp