Cleaning interior white walls of Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #1

Name: Rozlyn
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
Cleaning interior white walls of Scamp

Hello! I’m hoping someone can advise me on how to clean up the white walls from the previous owner that were scuffed up with various colored marks. I’m not sure what this material is called? I don’t think it’s fiberglass? This is a 2001 Scamp and it is not the elephant skin type material rather the smoother white walls that you see in 16 Scamps with bathrooms.
Thank you!
Roz
Qzmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:55 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Roz, have you tried magic eraser/scuff eraaser? Not familiar with the material on your walls. It might help to post a picture of your walls.

-John
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:33 AM   #3

Name: stephen
Trailer: casita
Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qzmoto View Post
Hello! I’m hoping someone can advise me on how to clean up the white walls from the previous owner that were scuffed up with various colored marks. I’m not sure what this material is called? I don’t think it’s fiberglass? This is a 2001 Scamp and it is not the elephant skin type material rather the smoother white walls that you see in 16 Scamps with bathrooms.
Thank you!
Roz
Toilet bowl cleaner will clean any surface, very powerful!
sfc007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #4

Registry
In 2001 Scamp was putting "rat fur" or officially know as marine head liner on the walls and ceiling of all Scamps. It sounds like you bought one that somebody modified the wall covering to who knows what? With out knowing it's only a guess that a particular chemical will do the job with out doing damage. Make you test is hidden area.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:10 AM   #5

Name: Rozlyn
Oregon
Thanks for the cleaning tips! Will try those. The material is original, but more specifically, it’s the shiny white surface the counters and bench seats are made of, ie same material as bathroom walls on shower head side.
Qzmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:30 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
smooth white hard plastic, I'd clean with a damp cloth and a bit of most any nonabrasive spray cleaner, like formula 409, or simple green. follow up with a clean damp cloth to remove any cleaner residue.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:07 AM   #7

Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Thanks for the cleaning tips! Will try those. The material is original, but more specifically, it’s the shiny white surface the counters and bench seats are made of, ie same material as bathroom walls on shower head side.
Fiberglass gel coat surface ...
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:

I just learned something new. The kitchen counter, bench seats, and all other interior fiberglass stuff are the trailer walls.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Well, probably not...

But I am a little confused about what walls you're talking about. Inside the shower enclosure? Backsplash behind the galley? Sides of cabinets?

Cabinets and benches are fiberglass gelcoat. I'm not sure what they use for shower liner and kitchen backsplash.

It would also help to know what you're trying to remove- hard water spots, grease, shoe scuff marks...
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #10

Name: Nancy
Trailer: (formerly) Scamp
Montana
Cleaning interior fiberglass walls

I used Soft Scrub (with bleach, I think) to remove scuff marks, etc. from the interior fiberglass.
narnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #11

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
"Black Magic" Spray White Wall Cleaner.

Get it at any Wal Mart, Dollar General (Cheapest) and your favorite auto parts store (Expensive).

Use it all the time to remove grime from under the hood of cars/trucks, door jambs and the exterior of fiberglass trailers to start the clean process.

Spray it on, DO NOT LET IT DRY, scrub while wet IF you need and wash/wipe it off.

Best thing I have found getting old "Grime" off of many surfaces.

Used a bottle of it today on an old truck I bought yesterday.

Great results as always.It also works great on tires!!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp