closet rod for 1985 scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
closet rod for 1985 scamp

Hi, I was putting together the 2nd scamp and found I do not have the closet rod for the closet
Was wondering, if anybody has one or where I can buy one, Scamp parts has not given an answer yet

The rod in the first scamp is kinda nifty, it's about 3/4" and has an angle to one end, thats the side that goes to the outside edge and a screw goes thru the shell and is threaded into it. the other end just has a plate on the end of the pipe, that a screw goes thru the fiberglass closet frame and threaded into that side.

Never had the other closet taked apart so I do not know if there is a threaded part in the pipe/rod, to enable the screw to be threaded into it, or if the pipe/rod is solid with the threads tapped into it.

Was hoping to find one than trying to make one, any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks SugerMc
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
SugarMc you might want to call the Scamp parts department - in my experience they are not great at responding to emails.....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugermc View Post
Hi, I was putting together the 2nd scamp and found I do not have the closet rod for the closet
Was wondering, if anybody has one or where I can buy one, Scamp parts has not given an answer yet

The rod in the first scamp is kinda nifty, it's about 3/4" and has an angle to one end, thats the side that goes to the outside edge and a screw goes thru the shell and is threaded into it. the other end just has a plate on the end of the pipe, that a screw goes thru the fiberglass closet frame and threaded into that side.

Never had the other closet taked apart so I do not know if there is a threaded part in the pipe/rod, to enable the screw to be threaded into it, or if the pipe/rod is solid with the threads tapped into it.

Was hoping to find one than trying to make one, any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks SugerMc
It's a welded piece made from 1/2" or 3/4" thinwall conduit with a piece of thin plate at the ends. It would be easy to make a new one if you have a MIG and a few minutes.
You could instead simply cut a couple pieces of 3/4" plywood with a hole drilled in the middle, slide them onto a piece of conduit and attach the wood at each end.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp