Compact II fresh water intake and sealing windows??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
At some point in this little trailer's history since manufacture in 1973, the cover for the fresh water intake on outside of trailer was lost. Any suggestions for a replacement?

Also, since it has been without a cover for a looooooong time, the tank needs cleaning before using. Again, any suggestions? I'm brand new at this and keep asking these questions but you all keep coming up with answers so one more -

Can I just tuck the putty tape/seal under the edge of the window frame after getting out the old sealant or do I really have to take windows out to do it?

Thank you,
Pat
Pat Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Question

Quote:
Can I just tuck the putty tape/seal under the edge of the window frame after getting out the old sealant or do I really have to take windows out to do it?
Yes, you really have to take the windows out.

The putty/butyl tape needs to rest flat between the window frame and the trailer body. Poking it in from the edge won't get full coverage for a proper seal. Plus, after it is applied to the inside of the exterior metal frame, it needs to be tightened to the interior frame. On my old Compact Jr. the interior wood frames had to be replaced so that the screws had good wood to bite into.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Pat is this the fresh water fill? or the Air vent cover for the drain? or the half moon cover to the fill port?

Harry
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #4

I'm missing the 1/2 moon cover for the fresh water fill port.

Quote:
Pat is this the fresh water fill? or the Air vent cover for the drain? or the half moon cover to the fill port?

Harry
Old 01-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Pat,

Below is a link for looks only, the whole set up as one molded unit is in the Dyers catalog not appearing in the on line store...Their part# is [b]Part#88-9118 the [b]manufacturer part# is RF911VP, coded as [b]Ivory,1/cd "single count" or 88-8869, Mfg part# RF911, for 6.69 Ivory, Bulk 5.39 if ordered by multiples. This is the one you have.

[b]Identical in looks is one which screws together, the barb part in the back is a threaded fitting entering in the back of the scoop with lid, as a two piece unit it screws one into the other locking by threaded coupling into place firmly sandwiching the fiberglass wall, no need of screws like the old style you have. These part numbers are below the address of this vendor...he has a large catalog you might request.

Dyers RV Supplies
Mayer Arizona
phone 866-713-3429
www.dyersrv.com

They also run an Ebay store.

On Page 548 of the 2008 catalog.

Outside part, one Ivory, one White.

Their Part# 88-8836 manufacturer part# MA-402PW,PW price 3.09
Their part# 88-8813 manufacturer part# MA-403CW,CW price 3.09

Inside part

Their part# 88-8818 manufacturer part# 741016, barb adapter price 1.89

A pic of the two part model is seen below.

http://www.dyersonline.com/Products/Polar-...t__88-8836.aspx

Happy Camping, Safe Journeys

Harry

Quote:
I'm missing the 1/2 moon cover for the fresh water fill port.
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #6

Quote:
<snip>
Happy Camping, Safe Journeys
Harry
Harry - I am repeatedly amazed at the knowledge of the posters - how do you know these things? I would not have found this in a million years - thank you, thank you,
Pat

Tags
windows