Compact II literature - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Compact II
Compact II literature

I recently finished the restoration of a 1973 Compact II trailer and even though I am only the third owner; I do not have any literature on it , as the previous owners did not pass any along. Anyone out there have some that they would be willing to copy and share?
Attached Thumbnails
MissMoonbeam and Compact updates 048.jpg  
John O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
GPJ

Name: GP
Trailer: Looking
British Columbia
There is some available in the Document Center...

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Compact | Hunter Industries
GPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Thanks for directing me to that section of the forum , it is exactly what I was hoping to locate. I just became aware of this forum and I have to say there is some outstanding information available.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hi John

Where are you located??? I also just finished a Compact-II project.

We are in Riverside/Diamond Bar, CA

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #5

I'm in Moline , Illinois ; home of John Deere and where the Missippi runs east and west , confusing visitors.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #6

1973 Hunter Compact-II Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by John O View Post
I recently finished the restoration of a 1973 Compact II trailer and even though I am only the third owner; I do not have any literature on it , as the previous owners did not pass any along. Anyone out there have some that they would be willing to copy and share?
I looked at the 1973 brochure I have from the original owner and it is marked $2495.00 for a Compact-II at Meeks RV in Union City, CA

Unfortunately the accessory price list I though I had for the Hunter was for a different rig all togethjer.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #7

Thanks again

Sounds like Compacts were a somewhat pricey item at the time. I had never seen one until I stumbled onto mine. Really hope to track down more information on it, if the original owner is still alive and I can find him. I'm curious to know how this one ended up in the midwest; seems like they were and still area west coast item.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #8

I don't think that $2495 in 1973 was all that expensive. I think that the SCAMPS were about the same. Just based on inflation that price would be about $13,100 today. Maybe someone will post Scamp prices from the 70's

Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
Mr. Miller, I have '73 Compact II with icebox. How to find drain hose and see if properly connected? When I put ice in it, water wound up in front closet. I looked under trailer and saw nothing looking like a drain or an opening. Thanks for your help.
Pat Goodwin
Pat Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #10

Sorry, but mine still has the original 3 way refrigerator.

Mine has a set of drawers under the refrigerator, can you pull those out to see under the ice box.

You might look in the inside bottom of the ice box for a drain hole or try a Google search by the make and model number of your ice box. You might come up with a user/installation instruction.

Good Luck

Old 09-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #11

Yes, there is hole in floor of icebox, my problem is that it appears to be draining inside the trailer rather than to the outside. Yes, I have those drawers under the icebox and will pull them out to see if there is any type of hose connected to drain hole. Thank you.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #12

Dear John O,
I too have a '73 Compact II. Does or did yours have icebox or refrigerator? If icebox, did you notice where the drain hose goes? My icebox isn't usable because it drains inside the trailer and I can't seem to find the spot outside where it should drain to check for hose connection. Thanks