Compact Jr. pop up canvas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Compact Jr. pop up canvas

I need to replace the fabric "tent" on my Jr.. Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? Screen sizes and locations? The best materials to use? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks, Celia
CeliaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey Celia,
I have a few questions on your situation.
1. So is your pop-top's fabric section totally gone, or there but in need of replacement?
I as that because (though I haven't replaced mine yet but it needs it!) it seems that most people that have done the replacement have used the old one as a pattern/template for the new.
Some people have made it themselves, others have mentioned upholstery shops, sail making places, all kinds of possibilities. I think it comes down to how much of the work do you want to or can you do yourself, and what services are available in your area.
Several people that chat here on the site have done this replacement, so it's very doable, and I'm sure they'll start chiming in soon!
Good luck, and once you do get going with it, post plenty of pics to show the rest of us how you did it, how it went, etc, K?
Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #3

The "tent" was replaced with an ill fitting woven backed plastic fabric. It has no screens for ventilation and has trapped moisture inside so now is covered in mold. Wish I had the original for a template! I have an appointment with the tent/awning guys tomorrow and wanted to give them an idea of what it should be. I know I've seen pics of Jr.s with the top up on the site but I can't seem to find them now that I need them. ;-(
Old 09-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #4

Oops; If I'd just scrolled to the bottom of the page I would have found everything I was looking for... pics, prices, fabric. Thanks Joseph and all that posted on the earlier threads!