compact jr repair - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2003, 06:34 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
compact jr repair

Just bought a 71 or 72 Compact Jr. Need to replace the material around the pop up. Are replacements available? Are manuals for this camper available? What do I need to know about this camper? Thanks

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:35 AM   #2

:wave Hey, Steve!

Congrats on your new Compact.

We have several on here with the same canvas issues, so I know they'll have an answer for you.

In the meantime, try using the search tab up at the top and type in ''Compact''. I tried ''canvas'' for you, but I didn't find the exact ones that would be helpful.

There have been pictures of the canvas and the brackets so it should be helpful when you go to replace it.

Welcome aboard!

Old 08-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #3

Hi -

I posted the same question a few weeks ago! We own a 1973 Compact Junior that came with no fabric thing for the pop-up. What do you call that part anyways? Here is the link to my post: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/read.php?TID=3501

I also contacted the RV/Motor Home heritage center
http://www.rv-mh-hall-of-fame.org/museum3.html
which has a library of old manuals, etc, but they had no info on these trailers. It appears that the company went out of business years ago.

SO...I am making one. I bought a rubber coated tent flooring fabric, screening and plastic for windows, and lots of velcro...and I'm now in the middle of a big sewing project in our garage. Materials came to about $100. I think it will look pretty nice when it is done. I will try ot remember to post photos when it's up.

- Suzy in Montana

Old 08-06-2003, 03:04 PM   #4

You might want to keep any patterns that you make also. I have a feeling you are not alone.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #5

How is it going?

Well have you located the material you wanted? Give us an update, with pictures if possible. We are all pulling for you.