Compact Junior bearings size - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
Compact Junior bearings size

I am sorry if this has been addressed before I just could not find it- I accidentally put to much grease in my bearings and blew the back seal. I need to order new seals and etrailer said I need to take them apart and measure. I am sure somebody who has gone before me knows what size to order- it is a matter of transporting to change. Thanks all~
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #2

Name: Rollie
Trailer: Currently shopping
Arizona
Compact bearings.

I just finished mine and was advised that instead of messing with repacking the bearings to just replace the entire hub with a new one.. They wanted $100 plus parts to repack the bearings plus parts. They sold me the entire new hub with all new parts for $42 each. I got mine from State trailer sales. They have stores and on line all over. The Jr has a one inch straight axle so it is a very easy job to replace the hub and you get all new parts..
Arizona3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by raddar View Post
I am sorry if this has been addressed before I just could not find it- I accidentally put to much grease in my bearings and blew the back seal. I need to order new seals and etrailer said I need to take them apart and measure. I am sure somebody who has gone before me knows what size to order- it is a matter of transporting to change. Thanks all~
I am sure the spindles are 1" (not the modern 1-1/16").
If you clean the bearings they will have a number on them. Wear your readers!
If I remember, they are straight 1" spindles so the inner and outer bearings are the same. The seal has a number on it as well, but just take the bearings and seal with you and any real parts store can match them up.
You could also buy a blister pack at just about any boat store.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #4

Name: Rollie
Trailer: Currently shopping
Arizona
Compact bearings..

When I pulled mine off there were no numbers on any of the parts but the axle was 1 inch straight so finding bearing was easy as it is a standard. After showing the hub and bearings to the parts guys he said that the bearings were original so who knows how good they still were. So faced with buying all new parts and pounding out the races I went with all new hubs with all new stuff in them. They even came greased so it was a no brainer for me..
Arizona3313 is offline   Reply With Quote