Compact Junior pop top gasket - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #21

Name: Talia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by john madill View Post
Hi Janice

Here's what my electric system looks like. I'm pretty sure the breaker box and big cord are original.
That's what the original setup on my '72 Jr was, as well.
Talia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #22

Name: Janice
Trailer: Compact Jr
Saskatchewan
Thank you all. The thoughts on the pop top gasket and electrical are invaluable. I will send some photos later today. We have been out all morning with snow blowers shovels and chain saws. The storm wreaked havoc on trees. But junior is unscathed.
Janice Laliberte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #23

Name: Talia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Laliberte View Post
Thank you all. The thoughts on the pop top gasket and electrical are invaluable. I will send some photos later today. We have been out all morning with snow blowers shovels and chain saws. The storm wreaked havoc on trees. But junior is unscathed.
Have you given a good looking over to your frame yet? They're kind of notorious for having stress damage, particularly in the front. When I removed the floor in mine, I found damage that wasn't obvious before the trailer was gutted. In particular, the front crossbar that runs under the bed/table area was attached to the trailer only by the bolts through the floor. The welds holding it to the frame had failed, but it would have been extremely difficult to see this without removing the floor.
Talia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #24

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
soft gaskets that compress against the roof serve a couple of valuable functions. It keeps hornets from turning that area into a condominium while it is sitting around unused. It also reduces heat loss. As to keeping water out, that is good since it also keeps dirt out that flows in with the water. Lots of dirt accumulates on roofs. Dirt grows mold which is not a lot of fun to scrub off.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote