Converting a Scamp to a prairie schooner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 06:52 AM   #1

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Converting a Scamp to a prairie schooner

Really this was unintentional. My Fi Awning caught and got airborne. It was standing straight up like a sail. I could not get it down without a struggle. Twisted bent and broken. Yes , my heart too. It also broke the roof vent for my refrigerator.
I need to get both replaced. Where in Manitoba do I go for Fiamma 45 S 10 ft and Dometic fridge roof vent?
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Jim View Post
Really this was unintentional. My Fi Awning caught and got airborne. It was standing straight up like a sail. I could not get it down without a struggle. Twisted bent and broken. Yes , my heart too. It also broke the roof vent for my refrigerator.
I need to get both replaced. Where in Manitoba do I go for Fiamma 45 S 10 ft and Dometic fridge roof vent?
Jim
Jim

It depends on where you live !
There must be an RV store close to you...they will have a catalogue from which to order both or they might have things in stock. As I said, it depends on where you live??

Mike in NS
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Not sure if you are aware of the Fiamma tragedy at their plant in the U.S. but I have not yet heard if they have or will reopen.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
I am/was looking at the F45S to replace my Catalina 2500 and contacted Fiamma. The response I received stated they are currently closed and didn't know when or even if they would re-open. Scamp also did not have any updated info and hadn't yet decided on a replacement should Fiammas no longer be available.

The best option I've come up with so far is from Carefree of Colorado. I sent their customer service department pictures of Fiammas on Scamp fivers and of Scamp's mounting brackets and was told by their engineering group that the Freedom Wall Mount series would be a direct replacement.

Still researching and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any info you, or others, come up with would be appreciated.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp