Counter Extension - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
I want to put a small 12" extension on the end of my counter and wondering what to use for a hinge or support? Just a butcher block top on it now and want the new part to fold back down when not in use. Any ideas?
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
The Escape comes with a counter extension. Check out their web site and you'll see a couple of pictures in the 17 foot floor plan. The brackets should be available at any large hardware store such as Home Depot. We have an additional extension on our 19 footer, on the bed side, that works great as a night table.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We put a shelf in our Casita Liberty and these might be the same brackets. We love the extra shelf.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1690
Attached Thumbnails
Copy__1__of_Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_05.jpg   Copy__1__of_Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_07.jpg  

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
I want to put a small 12" extension on the end of my counter and wondering what to use for a hinge or support? Just a butcher block top on it now and want the new part to fold back down when not in use. Any ideas?
i used a drop leaf from the local RV store. i was disappointed that i saw a white set somewhere later. oh well. they work well
Attached Thumbnails
023___Copy.JPG  
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #5

That is kinda what I am looking for. I am going over to Lee Valley today and see what they have.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
That is kinda what I am looking for. I am going over to Lee Valley today and see what they have.
i couldn't find any at lee valley. i liked some of their card table and piano hinges but couldn't think of how they would work for me. if you can get those to work, please post the pics, then i will remove mine and copy yours. i don't love the drop leaf hinge. it is a little bulky. i'd rather the card table hinge and a swing out arm or something. it will be nice to see what you come up with.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
i couldn't find any at lee valley. i liked some of their card table and piano hinges but couldn't think of how they would work for me. if you can get those to work, please post the pics, then i will remove mine and copy yours. i don't love the drop leaf hinge. it is a little bulky. i'd rather the card table hinge and a swing out arm or something. it will be nice to see what you come up with.

I picked these up at Lee Valley today. # 00T0415 2 [at]$6.90 each ($15.59 incl tax)

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp...,50659&ap=1

The three photos show it opened at 90 deg and then straight out to release the locking mechanism and the last one shows it closed up. There is no lock to hold them closed but seeing as how a small magazine will keep them closed, the weight of the extension counter should be more than enough to hold them closed. Friend at work has an old butcher block counter that he is going to bring in next week so I can cut it up to make my extension. I can let you know later on how they work but I don't see any problems with them.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
1978_Boler_18_extn_hinge_1A.jpg   1978_Boler_18_extn_hinge_2A.jpg  

1978_Boler_18_extn_hinge_3A.jpg  
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Rockler.com has folding brackets
http://www.rockler.com/

I used these on my old 13' and may still use them on the 17'

Rockler has a local store near me.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
I picked these up at Lee Valley today. # 00T0415 2 [at]$6.90 each ($15.59 incl tax)

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp...,50659&ap=1

The three photos show it opened at 90 deg and then straight out to release the locking mechanism and the last one shows it closed up. There is no lock to hold them closed but seeing as how a small magazine will keep them closed, the weight of the extension counter should be more than enough to hold them closed. Friend at work has an old butcher block counter that he is going to bring in next week so I can cut it up to make my extension. I can let you know later on how they work but I don't see any problems with them.

Don
those look good. they either didn't have any when i looked or didn't understand what i wanted.