Cover for 12-foot trailer (not counting hitch) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Fun Finder (X139)
Smile Cover for 12-foot trailer (not counting hitch)

I have a Fun Finder X-139, the smallest model. Without the hitch, it is 12 feet long. It's not fiberglass, but it is a smaller trailer, so I was hoping someone in this forum may be able to help. Sorry if I cheated.

In searching online for trailer covers, the shortest seems to be 20 feet, almost double what I need.

Does anyone know where I could get a cover for a 12-foot (without hitch) trailer?
paulitzlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:53 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
You're probably best off asking on a dedicated forum. These trailers tend to be wider, taller and squarer than our fiberglass friends. The good news is they're more common and therefore more likely to have off the shelf options for covers. I just punched 12' trailer cover into google and came up with this

Goldline Travel Trailer Cover Semi-Custom 12-14'

Keep in mind most trailers are measured to include the hitch. I think if you find that funfinder forum somebody there has been down the road and done the legwork.

Regards,

Matt
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's a couple of great forums for non-molded fiberglass RVs:
iRV2 - RV Forum Community
and
http://www.rv.net/forum/

Good luck on your cover hunt!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
When I had a 16" casita, I located a cover on the internet that was designed to cover a van. It was made of a material that would not harm the paint the way a standard tarp might. It was a good fit and did the job. I'll bet if you do a search you'll find something you can use without being overly large....this is just one of who knows how many I found when I did a search for van/auto covers....Van Cover | Minivan Covers | Cargo Van Covers

Russell
william russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
calmarkcovers.com subrella appears to have a good reputation from other feedback I have read.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
To add to william russels link of the same company is the sizing chart..... I use a budge cover in tyvek material (which is rip proof and light)and the size i use on my 16' casita is "V2".... this chart should help.
Joe

sizing chart for budge covers:
BUDGE Sizing Chart for SUV'S, VANS AND STATION WAGONS

WILLIAM RUSSEL...... I just realized it's you that i bought my trailer from years back now with the tyvek cover that is still going by the way and the trailer too..... Hope you find another trailer and please keep in touch with me and have to know if you get another one....
Miss talking to you.
Joe (wrkn2mch on the casita sites)
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Too, anything with the term "RV" in the title is generally more expensive. With exact measurements in hand, see if a "Horse Trailer" cover would be cheaper and fit!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #8

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Too, anything with the term "RV" in the title is generally more expensive. With exact measurements in hand, see if a "Horse Trailer" cover would be cheaper and fit!

Try BeverlyBay.com. They sell 'standard fit' horse trailer covers-not too expensive either.