Cover for 13 ft scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2023, 10:52 PM   #1

Name: Cori
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13'
Texas
Cover for 13 ft scamp

I have to store my Scamp outside. I would like to buy a plastic-polyester type of cover, but not sure which ones are decent value. Some reviews say that it fell apart within a year. Does anyone have experience w a good brand of cover? Does the one from the Scamp factory hold up well?
Cori A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:14 AM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori A. View Post
I have to store my Scamp outside. I would like to buy a plastic-polyester type of cover, but not sure which ones are decent value. Some reviews say that it fell apart within a year. Does anyone have experience w a good brand of cover? Does the one from the Scamp factory hold up well?
Scamp has only sold the cover for a short time so Time will tell. I did look at them at the rally last year and they looked like a quality product.
The best out there is Calmark, they are custom made for your options but are pricey. https://calmarkcovers.com/custom-cov...d-scamp-cover/
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:04 AM   #3

Name: Dave
North Carolina
I have one of the Scamp-sold covers, and so far so good. It's well made, fits well and has held up through some pretty bad wind gusts, hail and snow. Time will tell.

Dave
theremin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #4

Name: Andy
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Carolina
Scamp Covers

I have had two covers. Both rotted quickly. Ended up with a silver large "Harbor Freight" tarp and a couple of ratchet straps. That has lasted for several years. The tarp was cheap, it covers the top and about 1/3 down the sides. I have it positioned so that I can open the door with little trouble. The first tarp lasted 3 years, the second is on its 4th and no splits. Believe we had a "Classic Accessories" cover before, it lasted less than a year. I can buy 4-5 HF tarps for the price of one cover.

Derswede
Derswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:51 AM   #5

Name: Cori
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13'
Texas
Cover for 13 ft scamp

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions!
Cori A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:20 PM   #6

Name: Kevin
Texas
I’m on my 2nd “Classic Accessories” cover. 1st one lasted almost 4 years in the Texas sun & storms before coming apart. 2nd one doing fine. Bought on eBay for $100 & $75 respectively (used/pre-owned). It’s not going to last long, but easy on the gel coat & waxed finish.
Doc.Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:34 PM   #7

Name: Dave
North Carolina
Even though the Classic Accessories cover that I have for the Scamp is not even a year old yet, it's already gone through quite a bit and is no worse for it.

I have a Classic Accessories cover on my golf cart that is about 5 years old and still going fine.

They're not top of the line covers, but they're soft inside and won't scratch fiberglass and they're not expensive. I figure if I can get two or three years out of one, I'll be happy.

Dave
theremin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:59 PM   #8

Name: Ed
Michigan
Scamp Covers

I'm in Southwest Michigan, on the lake; therefore lots of wind and lake effect snow. My first cover bought with my Scamp from Eveland (2020) lasted slightly less than one full winter before being shredded by the wind (it was trash when I headed to Florida in February). My second cover was from carcover.com, who advertised a lifetime warranty. It shredded in the December snows the next winter. The "free replacement" would have entailed sending them a rather large "shipping" fee. I figured the "fool me once" clause applied and instead relied on a really good marine wax this winter.
Ed in St Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 06:35 PM   #9

Name: Kevin
Texas
If the cover flaps in the wind, it will definitely not last. It should be mentioned that the covers last longer are strapped down, and have good fitment. We modified our cheap cover with 4 extra tie-downs, and we park the Scamp on the leeward sheltered side of the house. I appreciate the advice about maintaining a good wax on that gel coat. But RV’s should be covered. Pamper your Scamp!
Doc.Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:21 PM   #10

Name: Jim
Minnesota
Scamp Cover

I live in Minnesota so my Scamp is subjected to long, cold winters with plenty of snow & periodic Alberta clippers, and often bright and hot summers. My first cover was an ADCO, made with Sunbrella material. It was made fit to the Scamp, covered it completely, had elastic in the bottom edge so it pulled in underneath, had three side-to-side cinching straps under the bottom, plus front and back cinching straps to take up the little excess material. This arrangement couldn't flap in the breeze when properly placed and adjusted. I usually put this cover on in late October and took it off in early May. It lasted
12 years. I tried the carcover brand and it disintegrated before the first winter was over. So now I've bought another ADCO and I couldn't be happier. The downside is that they're more expensive, but I think it's worth it for the quality and longevity.
Scamper881 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp