Cover for compact jr - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

Name: THOMAS
Trailer: 1972 COMPACT JR
Colorado
Cover for compact jr

Bought my '72 CJr last November and have been working on it (and traveling a bit) since. Continuing to do both to some degree. Last winter I was working on it in a friend's large garage....this summer in my driveway.
I have a 2 car garage but too much stuff in it to put TT in also. RC airplanes and my car take up all the space.
I have been checking the 'net for a suitable cover for it when it is in my driveway but the smallest I have found "fits up to a 20 foot trailer".
Well as most of us know, my trailer is 13 feet tongue to rear bumper.
(As I am pretty sure most 13 footers are.) The part which needs the cover is only 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 6 feet high.
Where can I buy an appropriately sized cover for it and what are the different materials available?
BTW most, if not all, of the covers I've seen have a zippered door for a side door......My unit has the REAR door. I would prefer NOT to have to modify it by adding my own zippered door, but I can if necessary.
HELP !! Between the Colorado hot summers and the cold winters I want to protect my youngster from the weather.
P>S> I realize I could have a custom-made cover for it but first I would like to just use a retail source. TNX Tom Justice
THOMASJU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Good luck. I've looked for one, too. I could get a custom one made for $600, or use something like a Scamp cover but then it is too long and side door. Maybe look at camper covers?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #3

Name: Brant
Trailer: Hunter I
California
Registry
Scamp 13' camper Trailer Travel Cover | eBay

maybe clip this one up around the bottom
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #4

Name: Mike Taylor
Trailer: Hunter
Texas
Registry
I bought a real nice heavy duty one on ebay for about $90 bucks for my
13th compact junior . It seems also for the 13ft casita camper fits perfect weather proof real thick material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Coltbuntline is offline   Reply With Quote