Curtain Rod Keeps Falling - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster
I have used 3m double stick tape to keep my curtain rods in place. The wall is painted with somewhat rough fiberglass which I don't want to drill through. Does anyone have any ideas for getting those rods to stick?

thanks,

Kim
kfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Hi Kim,
My Scamp has fabric on the walls so I've covered a piece of 1 x 1 block of wood with the same fabric and then cut into the fabric on the wall and mounted my wood block with liquid nail to the then exposed fiberglass. I then mount my curtain rod ( the small round type) to the wood block. I leave my curtains on the rods while traveling with no problems in 3 years. Let me know if a pic would help.
Nina
Nina E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Kim,
My Scamp has fabric on the walls so I've covered a piece of 1 x 1 block of wood with the same fabric and then cut into the fabric on the wall and mounted my wood block with liquid nail to the then exposed fiberglass. I then mount my curtain rod ( the small round type) to the wood block. I leave my curtains on the rods while traveling with no problems in 3 years. Let me know if a pic would help.
Nina

Thanks Nina,

Didn't know about liquid nails. A picture would be very helpful. Since my wall is bare, do you think I could use the liquid nails on the back of the metal rod attachment? I will also post a picture tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks so much!

Kim
Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I favor Gorilla Glue as it sort of foams up to "find" adhesion points and it's unbeatably strong, but you need to tape it until it dries, and before it's completely hard scrape off anything that foamed where you don't want it. Elmers also started a foaming glue line, too.
Quote:
Thanks Nina,

Didn't know about liquid nails. A picture would be very helpful. Since my wall is bare, do you think I could use the liquid nails on the back of the metal rod attachment? I will also post a picture tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks so much!

Kim
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: In Canada we have a product called "No More Nails" a clear sticky tape 1/16th" thick with a peel n stick backing!!! Make sure everything is alined first as it won't move after it is stuck
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #6

Thanks all for the great ideas! Very much appreciated.

Kim
Old 07-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #7

Registry
Kim,

Sorry, sorry, sorry, I used JB Quick....not liquid nail.
Nina
Old 07-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #8

Registry
Hi Kim,
Here is a pic of my curtain rod block that I put on with JB Quick...not liquid nail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	curtain.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	8953
Old 07-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #9

Registry
After the wood block adhered to the fiberglass... I just attached the curtain rod with the little nails that came with the curtain rod brackets.