Cushions/Mattresses Comfor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 04:07 PM   #1

Name: Dee
Trailer: Triple E
Ontario
Cushions/Mattresses Comfor

We just came back from our maiden voyage with our 1977 Surfside. Everything in the Surfside is original, which includes the curtains and the cushsions.

The original curtains disintegrated when I washed them, I have bright tea towels on rings up to replace them.

The original cushions are more challenging. The naugahyde backing has some mildew, but it isn't overpowering, so we are using them while we decide what we want to do. But for sleeping, they aren't comfortable.

I solved the comfort issue by topping the cushions with 4 inches of memory foam, but at 10C/50F I was way too hot through the night. The memory foam would be great for camping in much colder temperatures, but not for summer.

So, I am looking for two kinds of advice.

The first kind, what I need right now, is what to top the old foam cushions with so that I don't overheat all night, but can still be comfortable.

The second kind is what sort of foam should I be looking at to get really comfortable cusions to sleep on, when we decide to replace the cushions sometime in the future?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #2

Ontario
The search function is not working well for me, after searching for info and finding nothing, I posted this, then found another thread from only yesterday that discsses the same issue:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ers-74820.html

I would delete this thread but haven't figured out how to do it yet.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Use the Google search box, not the top one.
Don't think you can delete a thread, but no matter. It's only pixels.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 4.42.07 PM.png  
Old 05-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #4

Ontario
Thanks Glen! I have been leaving the forum, loading google into my browser and trying to search from there, but this time I tried the top search box and found nothing. I'll use the goodle text box on the bottom now.