Dealing With Dealers Over New Trailer Prices ? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #41

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It has to be at least a 3 day drive from Texas, I wonder if they ship via train now?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #42

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II 23' 6"
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Yeah!
That's unbelievably fast service, and all the way to New York, too- good for Casita..

Have fun with it!

Francesca
They also have great discounted pricing right now. Plus a added $500 off if you pickup or have delivered by the end of the month. I was thinkng(2 seconds) about picking it up but to drive about 3,600 miles round trip to pick it up with hotels ,food, gas( driving a F150 V8) & who knows what the weather would be .... deciding to pay a very reasonable $1360 for delivery to my door was a no brainer ..... driving for a week or so( 500 miles a day) my comfort level to save a few hundred dollars, that was not going to happen.
John Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #43

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Congrats to you guys. Lots of fun times ahead.

5 days though! Wow! Do they have a bunch in stock. I am used the the Escape trailers that are months out for delivery.
I know when I talked to Scamp about their inventory it was a total of three last week, 2 months for a custom wood 16' to my home. With Casita when I asked about 3 different 17' DLX's they had them to ship. I dont know if it was because the DLX model stay on the lot longer because of their higher cost or the economy affecting the pocket book of so many possible buyers right now. Is the RV industry sales down due to the winter months? Maybe I just picked the right time to purchase.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #44

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Congrats on the new purchase John and Gwen!. Look forward to seeing or hearing more about it.

Fo interests sake on the rivet debate. My '69 Boler has all the interior furnishings glassed in. The only rivets through the body are for windows and curtain rods. However the cupboard door hinges ARE riveted instead of screwed, which makes for a weak fit and odd look.
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You are already waaaaay ahead of all the sticky owners because you are buying all molded. Rivets here, rivets there, no body rivets... doesn't matter really. All trailers require maintenance. It's the layout, weight and budget that works for you... so, it works for us!

Congratulations!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #46

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
John, we are thinking about upgrading to a casita sometime in the future. Maybe we will see you someday at a NY or other Northeast campground. Congratulations on your new camper purchase.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #47

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking Your timing is excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cole View Post
I dont know if it was because the DLX model stay on the lot longer because of their higher cost or the economy affecting the pocket book of so many possible buyers right now. Is the RV industry sales down due to the winter months? Maybe I just picked the right time to purchase.
The 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe is by far the most popular model made. They know they won't have to have them on the lot for very long, so they speculate and keep the line going in the winter, even though the orders fall off dramatically when it starts snowing in the rest of the country.

Employees keep their jobs and sales happen; everybody is happy.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #48

New York
Hi Frederick .... It would be great if all american consumer purchases went toward keeping the american worker on the job & I wish we would not have to see any more companies close their doors. I feel blessed that my wife & I always had a job & was able to retire early to be able now to use our new purchase anytime, aslong as we want ..... John & Gwen.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #49

New York
Hi Bob , I see you are also in NY. You are welcome to come & see the 17' DLX Spirit if you have not seen one already. We live in Wells NY about a 2 hr ride north east of Albany NY ..... John & Gwen
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #50

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We'll take you up on that offer John & Gwen. Right now we are snowbirding in the south until early March in our Uhaul. A map search shows you 100 miles from us in Chatham. How far are you from Fish Creek Pond state park, near Tupper Lake. We will be camping there with a teardrop and small trailer group in early June. We are thinking that if we continue to winter in the south that a little larger trailer may be nice. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #51

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
As far as owners keeping workers working, several years ago Malden Mills (makers of Polarfleece) factory burned completely, nothing left to fix. The owner kept all employees on the payroll, paying them, until the factory was rebuilt and put into production.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #52

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We'll take you up on that offer John & Gwen. Right now we are snowbirding in the south until early March in our Uhaul. A map search shows you 100 miles from us in Chatham. How far are you from Fish Creek Pond state park, near Tupper Lake. We will be camping there with a teardrop and small trailer group in early June. We are thinking that if we continue to winter in the south that a little larger trailer may be nice. Bob
Hi Bob ..... We are about 90 miles south of fish creek ponds. Give us a call when you get back up here ..... 518-9245773. Best Regards , John & Gwen Cole
Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #53

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
As far as owners keeping workers working, several years ago Malden Mills (makers of Polarfleece) factory burned completely, nothing left to fix. The owner kept all employees on the payroll, paying them, until the factory was rebuilt and put into production.
HI .... You don't here too many company owners doing that, if more people treated their employes like them Iam sure there would be alot more people still working & less companys moving south. Now that person I would like to meet.