Delaminate Window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2021, 12:23 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Niewiadów N126
Merseyside
Delaminate Window

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of renovating a Cadet as you call them or N126 as known in Poland.

I have an original window that at first I thought I need to replace. Its double glazed or laminated. The flat piece unfortunately has a bad crack and I see it has started to separate in several areas. The front moulded part is fine.

What I am thinking is that IF I could continue the delamination somehow and completely separate the two pieces I could cut and replace the cracked part. Just flat perspex. Buy the special liquid and join again.

Has anyone tried this? Could perhaps suggest a course of action. Basically I have little to lose. If I screw up I buy a new window which I would have to anyway.

Cheers for any ideas.
Staylong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
try carefully heating the edge with a heat gun before sliding a knife or putty scraper between the edges.
a picture of where you're at would help
Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Niewiadów N126
Merseyside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
try carefully heating the edge with a heat gun before sliding a knife or putty scraper between the edges.
a picture of where you're at would help
Joe

Hi Joe,

I'm going to Dremel off the bulk of the flat part as it has this crack. Then I can get as close to edge as possible to see what can be done. If I can lift it off easily with your method great. i will try a corner and see.

I was sent a link to someone working on a window that had issues. Think its Polish but I can get good read on what he is trying. Maybe also a path to take.

Staylong is offline   Reply With Quote