Depreciation question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #1

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Depreciation question

It may be that no one will want to venture a guess on my question, but here goes. We have a 2013 Lil Snoozy that we are seriously considering selling (health issues). It is in excellent shape since we have not been able to use it much after the first year. Today a man stopped by and asked to see it. He seems to be interested and indicated he will be back in touch if his wife wants to see it. Money was not mentioned except that I told him a new one runs a bit over $20,000 (not sure what Lil Snoozy is charging these days). I assume the depreciation on an RV is steep and we certainly do not expect to get any where near what we paid. I just want Marigold to go to a good home with someone who will love her when the time comes. Does anyone have any experience with what is the average depreciation on one of these trailers or is that a foolish question? Thanks.
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Depreciation on most RVs is steep but not on these. When we bought our Casita, we bought new because the used ones were almost as expensive. We recovered about 80% of our purchase price after 4 years.

Other Snoozy owners will offer their thoughts but do your research and don't accept a low ball offer.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Melanie. In our Classified Archive you can find listings for other Snoozys that have sold. For example, this one was a year old when it sold, presumably for the asking price of $18,500:

SOLD: Lil Snoozy Travel Trailer

And here's a 2014 whose asking price was $22k in 2016:

SOLD Lil Snoozy 2014
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Not a foolish question at all. RVs in general do depreciate quite steeply in the first few years of ownership. However the good news is that molded fiberglass depreciates much less than most conventional trailers.

Reasons include high demand, low production, long wait times for new ones, and the lack of roof seams (and associated maintenance and leaks).

I would not speculate on what yours might be worth- there are still lots of variables: condition, layout and features, location, and season.

You can review the archives of sold trailers here and at fiberglass-RV-4sale.com for other Lil Snoozys that have sold recently. Probably won't be many, but it should give you an idea what yours might be worth.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #5

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Heck, mine's a 2008, and I bet I could get at least what I paid for it, due to how much they've gone up in the last 9 years.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:53 AM   #6

Name: john
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Georgia
New Snoozy's are about $25,000 and up, depending on extras.
I would not sell my 2014 for less than $21,000.
ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
Lil Snoozy

We had a 2013 Snoozy that was with twin beds cassette toilet ,mag wheels ,rear step and bumper ,side spare ,microwave,and extra storage built in we sold last Sept for $16000 .
Since its Summer and if its similar equipped I would ask at least $16000-18000 you can always come down in price good Luck Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #8

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
I really appreciate everyone's advice and the reminders to me not to just give this thing away. Marigold deserves to be properly valued. I realize we need to take some good pictures and if we finally decide to sell, use the valuable resource of this site for it. I am sad to think of selling her, but my husband keeps telling me to think how much we enjoyed her while we could and not "hog her just for memories"! Thanks again - you will probably see more soon in the part of this site where people post proposed sales.
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote