Distance from countertop to cabinets? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #1

Name: Carter
Trailer: Eco
Kansas
Distance from countertop to cabinets?

My eco is missing the wrought iron supports. Could some of you Boler owners give me the measurements from countertop to cabinets? I’m trying to figure out how long a brace between the two should be, whether or not my roof has sagged (probably) and how much I need to jack it to get things back to spec. Or close to it.

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #2

Kansas
Bumping... this thing has had 100 views now. Surely someone with a Boler or Boler clone (or even an early 13' Scamp) can measure the gap for me. Please?
Old 09-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #3

Name: Susan
Trailer: ECO 13'
Arizona
Registry
I have a 1973 ECO and it's in pretty good shape, except for a few things? One being the iron supports, one isn't attached to the base. It's a fix I've been pondering for a while, and I'm not quite sure how. However, I'll measure mine, at least it'll give you an idea. Measured. From the upper cabinet (touching the FG at both points) to the base cabinet, mine is 23 1/4".
Susan
Susan in Flagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #4

Name: Susan
Trailer: ECO 13'
Arizona
Registry
You may have this completed, as I just looked at the date of your post!
I have the exact flooring that you had, mine is still there. smile
I would love to hear more about your reno, (you're further along than I). My biggest fixes will be the wiring, removing the Suburban furnace, and an interior FG area above the driver side wheel well where the bench connects to the base cabinet. There's a gap that it appears someone has tried to repair. UGH And it appears it's starting to make a slight bulge on the outside. another UGH
I believe I may be the 3rd owner, and the exterior is a creamy butter yellow.
PS I couldn't figure out how to attach the pictures I have of my braces.
Fellow ECO owner,
Susan
Susan in Flagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:04 AM   #5

Kansas
Thanks Susan. To attach to the bottom, there should be a threaded thing embedded into the fiberglass. It's sort of like a nutsert with a flat washer on top, probably to help spread the load. Worst case, you could always embed a nut in the fiberglass with some epoxy or 'glass.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:40 AM   #6

Kansas
Susan, the threaded thing is called a "T nut". I just happened to see them at Lowe's yesterday.