Do new scamps still have a steel threashhold - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I might have lost the steel threshold that was at the edge of the plywood floor and door. It was in terrible condition, but I was going to keep this as a guide, as it was beveled to match the door angle. Does anyone know if the new scamps have this? If so, I can probably get it from scamp, I just did a search of their site and didn't find one. I might also try to fabricate something out myself. I just don't think that a plywood edge will hold up well with all the coming and going from the trailer.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Danny, you can call scamp with the year and model of your Scamp and if the can't help you, they can suggest what to use in it's place.

To bad the old one may be lost, cause honestly I think you can replace with stock stuff from the flooring store. It would have to be cut down length wise, but that part is easy. It's the height, angle, and depth of it, that you would need to verify.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
More than likely not steel, because that would rust... but aluminum. The one in my deluxe is wood. Looking at some pictures, it appears Scamp uses common household threshold stock, notched and cut to size. I suppose you could make it out of whatever you wished that would hold up under foot pressure.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #4

Registry
Thanks for the comments. The one I had was "U" shaped and went over the top, end and bottom of the plywood. The reason I was going to change it is it was made out of steel, which was rusting badly. I will go to Home Depot and see what I can get to make something work.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 77 Scamp
I have a 77 scamp...if you need a photo for reference my threashold slips easily in and out so i could post a photo.

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. The one I had was "U" shaped and went over the top, end and bottom of the plywood. The reason I was going to change it is it was made out of steel, which was rusting badly. I will go to Home Depot and see what I can get to make something work.
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #6

Registry
Thanks for the offer Brandy, but I just found it. I think it must have been the fiberglass fumes, or old age, but it was sitting right on top in my save old stuff area. My wife came out to help find it and told me she remembered that I said I wanted to save it, and picked it up on top and asked it this was it. This terrible memory that thought it was rusted steel, now I see it's aluminum, and restorable. I must have thought it was rusted metal because there is so much glue and gunk on it. At least there is not much else I need from the original pile of stuff that can be misplaced, or forgotten. Now where did I put those windows I just restored?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #7

top 1/2 in wide 24 3/8 long
middle 3/4 x 22 1/8
bottom 3/4 x 22 1/8
Attached Thumbnails
threashold_004.jpg   threashold_001.jpg  

threashold_002.jpg   threashold_003.jpg  

Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #8

whoops just saw you found it...oh well maybe someone else can use this info.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #9

Registry
Brandy, thanks for taking the time to post it. I looked at mine and it looks like someone chopped of the longer ends, as mine is even at all the edges. It will still work, just a little more messing around when I put in flooring.