Does a 10'x10' First Up clear the door on a Boler 1700? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #21

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
I.. I mean duh... I mean...
My teleprompter isn't working right now ca I get back with you on that.........
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #22

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
71inches? From the ground? Wow.
Well good on ya! I think Donna said use one of those pool noodles to go against your camper which is very smart. I will get one myself (thanks Donna). The rope lites comes with stuff to attach to the canopy if you buy from Wally World.
Until you whack your head on it going in. It's a poptop so not full height at the door. Pool noodle is a good idea.

Old one is a Shade Tech and I can't find its dimensions online (company doesn't list an 8 x 10) so will have to try it out.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #23

Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-541311043.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	60200

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2222429354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	60201

I set up the Shade Tech. Still love how easy it is to set up. It fit fine over the door. Downside is that I remembered how one long side would autodump rain water after it filled- that could be an issue. Bad part was that as I was folding it away and thinking how easy it was to fold, I noticed a broken part. One of the crosspieces had snapped where it attaches to the other one on the frame. I didn't put it back up to see how critical that was; I can probably duct-tape it and make it safe if not quite as sturdy. So much for lighter-weight.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #24

Florida
Bobbie
Why don"t you get the rivet gun and a pc of metal and fix that?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #25

Registry
It broke where the pin goes through- so it would be tricky to fix and not just weaken it more, and to fix in such a way that it would still fold easily. And I don't have a rivet gun. But it's pretty shoddy if it broke the fourth time I set it up. (Which this was.)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #26

Florida
Then time to buy a new one. They are cheap enough....
Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #27

Registry
I'm looking at them now. I was all set on the Ozark trail until I realized the tent part only has one opening (screen room has two.)

So now I'm looking to see what else is available.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #28

Florida
You lost me Bobbie, tent part has only one? I am getting the screen and a couple of sides.
What do you mean the tent part only has one?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #29

Registry
There is a wind tent that you can get. but it only has a front opening whereas the screen tent has front and back. But maybe just two sides would do it.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #30

Florida
I had my egg home this weekend and the sun was killing me so I thought why not set up the canopy while I work on the egg. As I already knew, the canopy was to short to go over the door (about a foot) So I put one of the canopy legs on the door step and drilled a hole into the step and attached the leg. Next I put another leg on the rear bumper and drilled a hole in the bumper and again attached that leg. Works. Now either I can leave it like that or find away to bring up the other 2 legs about 13 inches. I notice the opening in the bottom of the legs. Maybe I can find something that will go into the leg that will bring it up to size but yet be able to remove it when I need to store the canopy. Something simple!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #31

Registry
I ordered mine, with the screen, but will go pick it up as I'm camping too soon to wait for shipping.

13 inches... hmm, that's a pretty good size step. Let me know what you work out. I'm hoping I don't have to raise mine at all or if so, only a few inches. The only thing that worries me is rain dumping from the tent onto the door, though. I might have to rig a gutter (actually, a 10 foot piece of gutter pipe might just clip on the front edge and work fine.)
Old 06-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #32

Florida
Remember mine is taller than yours so you will be better off. I wont always put it on my egg just wanted to do what I had to so it would work when I want it that close. Now I just need one of those mats. I am getting ready to do our first outing this weekend. On the beach. Prices are a bit high but our state park is packed untill the mid of August.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #33

Registry
Yeah, I think mine will be fine. I'm eager to try it. Going camping on the opposite coast starting Sunday so it is likely to get the rain test. (My site is fairly protected from wind.) We'll have to compare notes after we get back (or during if I can get internet.)
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #34

Registry
Got it. Just a little hassle with Walmart. First, they had it in stock, same price, which was fine, they didn't have the screen so I was glad I ordered (even though obviously they did have it since they pulled mine off the floor.. weird store.) But they'd pulled a gray one, not tan, which I'd ordered. Then they had to refund the gray one and bill me for a tan one. I could have gone up front to the long line at customer service and done an exchange if I hadn't been able to have both on the credit card. I asked why they didn't fill it with the tan one and they said the codes were interchangeable- interchangeable to FILL the order, but not to switch across the board when they filled it wrong. Geesh.

The guys were nice and helpful, though, and since they don't make the policy I didn't get mad, just exasperated.

Got it home and set it up, and it cleared the door, even with the trailer facing up hill so that it's back was higher than usual. Wind was blowing too much to leave it up and try the screen,t hough, so that will have to wait. The screen is nice and lightweight. This canopy may become a sleeping porch if it gets hot this summer. I'm impressed by the quality- sturdier top than either my Quik Shade or my Ez Up, Metal is sturdier than my Quik shade and easier to work alone than my EZ up. Top has reflective material on the inside which does help if it is hot (here rain is more likely the issue.) And it does have ties to tie the top on and stake it- EZ up didn't.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #35

Florida
Did you ge your 39 ft of led lights or 2 chairs for that price? I was told it was on thier web site only but I got it in 2 days?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #36

Registry
LED lights. (They had either available but the chairs took longer so I guess they weren't in stock.) I won't use them with the canopy but they can be useful at Christmas!

The bag is nice quality, too. Overall everything is heavier, but I'll probably only take it for longer trips or if rain is expected.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #37

Florida
I will let you know how I like mine after this weekend! I will use the lites!

Tags
boler