does NADA guide undervalue fiberglass eggs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Right. And it comes down to how much effort you want to put into reconditioning and marketing and how long you’re willing to wait for that “someone.”

As a buyer, I love lazy, impatient sellers! I bought my 4 year old Scamp for $4000 from one.
$4000? you're lucky you're not in prison. Just to help you make amends I'll give you $4500 today. PM me.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #22

Trailer: Miti Lite 1987
Also from Marketing 101, If the price is too low, everyone will buy it, conversely, if the price is too high, no one will buy it. Somewhere in the middle is the right price.
You can check other brands with similar features for a $$ idea.
Keep in mind that 'special' designs appeal to niche markets.
Peder_y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #23

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
I don't know about NADA, but it's my understanding that Kelly Blue book gets their info from DMV data. Vehicles bought from a manufacturer or dealer get reported accurately, but people engaged in private party sales often under report the amount of the sale in order to avoid taxes. (Horrible, I know ) So the values in the guide are inaccurate and always low.

I know someone who bought an antique car for $11,500 and reported to the DMV that he paid $1,500, cheating the tax man out of nearly $800. Since the car could have been a pile of rusty parts the DMV wouldn't know unless they investigated, which they very seldom do because of the expense.

Unless you are looking at a vehicle less than 4-years old, I would not trust the guide at all.

Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote