Dometic DM2852 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Dometic DM2852

While checking my refrigerator today the red check light came on. From reading the instructions this is only supposed to happen when running on propane, I'm running it on AC. I run my fridge and AC at least once a month just to keep things working or to find these little surprises before going on a trip.

This unit is 15 months old.

On the plus side we have logged almost 10K miles on our camper on our last trip in Sep.

Any suggestions on the fridge or why this light is on when it shouldn't be?
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #2

Mississippi
Ok

All these views and no replies.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy2 View Post
All these views and no replies.

Haven't seen the check light on my fridge except when I was on propane and there was air in the line. Once the line was bled (by lighting the stove multiple times until it came on) the check light went out.

Sorry, never seen it on when using AC. That being said, have you checked the breakers and fuses?
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Check light only comes on when a gas failure-to-light occurs. You must turn the fridge on & off to reset.

From page 6 of the Dometic manual:

"Should 120 VAC become available while the CHECK indicator lamp is on, the
CHECK lamp will not turn off until the ON/OFF button is pressed OFF and then ON again"

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #5

Mississippi
Yep

The fridge won't do anything when gas is chosen. No igniter, no gas flow nothing. Runs fine on SP -7F in freezer 27F in fridge. When going to gas the check light comes on and stays on, doesn't try to ignite. Check light will stay on when switching back to SP unless I unplug the fridge and plug it back in. Other thing is when on SP and check light on the internal light doesn't work when you open the door. Already checked the eyebrow panel.

Yes I read the manual front to back.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #6

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy2 View Post
The fridge won't do anything when gas is chosen. No igniter, no gas flow nothing. Runs fine on SP -7F in freezer 27F in fridge. When going to gas the check light comes on and stays on, doesn't try to ignite. Check light will stay on when switching back to SP unless I unplug the fridge and plug it back in. Other thing is when on SP and check light on the internal light doesn't work when you open the door. Already checked the eyebrow panel.

Yes I read the manual front to back.
Do you have a good battery?
Sounds like your 12V is missing....
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #7

Mississippi
Yes

12 Volts is there. Friend of mine is bringing another eyebrow board from his unit. I replaced that with a new one but still didn't work. He knows his is good so we are going to try that in desperation. He will be here in about an hour, well see.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #8

Mississippi
OK

Problem solved, we put a different eyebrow board/panel on the fridge then the propane fired right off. Seems the new one from Amazon is also faulty so I'll send it back to get a replacement. Good thing it's not an expensive part!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #9

Mississippi
Again

Well we are right back where we started. Check light on with AC power or gas. Will not clear will not run on either one. I can't believe I have gotten two bad eyebrow boards from dometic. Well try to trouble shoot again.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #10

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
I would check the voltage on the incoming 12V power and make sure all the connections are clean and secure (including on the fusebox side of things). That's basically the remaining common denominator in all the things going wrong.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #11

Mississippi
volts

At the circuit board I have 13.4 volts at the terminal block, 13.4 volts coming out to the circuit board display and 13.4 at the eyebrow board. Is there anything else that would stop 120V and 12V from working except the circuit board or brain as some say.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #12

Mississippi
Blue wire

There is a blue wire coming out go the circuit board that's is labeled test. Is this just to test power as I did by using the connector for the display panel or eyebrow board?