Dometic Dometic™ Penguin II Trouble Shooting. Any technical people out there? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-18-2020, 09:52 PM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
That's disappointing. Have you talked with Dometic?

Civilguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:58 PM   #22

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
AC units

After a ton of internet research I came up with Atwood air command and Colman Mach 10 NDQ. My primary interest is quiet operation. There is also Advanced RV in Ohio that sells a highly modified Colman Mach 8 but they want nearly $3000 and they have to install it.

Atwood was bought out by Dometic and they are phasing them out. I am supposed to have a 15K unit coming but I won't believe it until I see it. If the Atwood falls through I will go with the Colman.

These are all my opinions gotten from a lot of time spent on the internet.

ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #23
Nik

Name: Nik
Trailer: BigFoot
Colorado
I've heard a lot of good things about Colman, especially their Q model (extra quiet). Next time I'm going with Colman Q series.

But for now - The GOOD NEWS is I finally got this thing running! And it works! It blows out 30º colder than it takes in.

I put up a posting on facebook marketplace where I found the thing asking if anyone wanted to buy it or could help fix it. I got a call from a guy who walked me though the process of hot wiring it. Bypassing the electronic control board and just connecting up the compressor and a fan wire. It works! It works well. It's clean and blows.

The guy wants me to build my own controller with relays and switches. But I'm going to risk buying a new board. The time it takes to make a controller... it's worth trying another board. Much simpler and nice blue glow.

Thanks Mike and everyone for your research and work helping me.

Nik is offline   Reply With Quote