Dometic fridge won't light. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: boler 1978
British Columbia
Dometic fridge won't light.

Hi all

Hoping someone can assist me with a fridge lighting issue.

I just replaced my old 2 burner stove and ran a new flexible gas line down to the tee and replaced the tee as well. The new stove lights up just fine but now the fridge won't light.

Other than replacing the T there was no change to the fridge but I find it hard to believe that this is just a coincidence???

I backed off the gas line right at the fridge valve and there is gas to there. When I press the on button to get the piot going I don't even hear gas flowing.

Any ideas?
kip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Maybe knocked some small debris loose in the process of working on the lines and tee, and it went downstream and clogged the jet. If you have not cleaned the jet / orifice in a few years its time to do that away I would think.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #3

British Columbia
Thanks for the reply gordon.

I tried using compressed air to blow it out but that didn't make a diff.

I guess I'll try taking apart the covers over the jet and try cleaning that off. I've had the boler about 6 years and never cleaned it off so maybe that'll do it.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
If you are not familiar with the technique, its important to know how to clean the jet as it easy to damage it. There are plenty of videos on how to clean the jets and burner tube online.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #5

British Columbia

Thanks Gordon u the man. I pulled it apart and hit the pilot light button and it blew gas and a cloud of black crap out the propane line to the burner. I got it all cleaned up put back together and the fridge lit first try!

In case someone else needs it I used the video below for instructions.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #6

Name: Tom and Joy
Trailer: Scamp 16
Santa Rosa, California
The flame on my Dometic 2193 is no larger, or not much larger, than a pilot light. I don't hear the gas, and, depending on the installation, can only be seen at night. I have to feel the hot pipe to know it is on.
ThomasBalmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, light