DonnZ has a couple of questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13
I just bought a 1985 13ft u haul (Friday nite) and I have a few questions: It has the original tires, what size do I replace then with? Where do I find a new power converter? The fan works for the heater, but no flame, any ideas?
DonnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Donn,

This question will be getting moved to the 'Problem Solving -- Owners Helping Owners'.

Tires: Any tire store will be able to tell you what the replacement size is but personally I would recommend getting an ST (Special Tire) tires.

Convertor: I just bought a new one from bestconvertor.com. Very helpful support staff.

Heater: sorry, have to pass on that one.

Cheers,
Booker
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #3

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
If your battery voltage is low the fan will come on but will not activate the air prove switch. If the air prove switch doesn't activate the gas solenoid will not pull in and you get no gas at the jet.

For most furnaces the fan has to run at 75% of full speed before the switch will activate.

First test is to see if your power buss voltage is around 12.6V. Since you mentioned that you are looking for a power converter that is probably a problem. Try running the system on a battery charger for a quick test.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
DonnZ:

Other questions are answered over on uhaulcamper.com too. Between these two forums, you should have a good start.

CindyL