Door measurements - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #1

Name: Steven
Trailer: Eco
Washington
Registry
Door measurements

Hi. I am in need of some doorway measurements for my 1974 eco. The floor was messed with by the previous own and didnt close correctly. Can someone measure for me the width across the top of the door frame (maybe about a foot down) and then meausre across and also about a foot up from the bottom across?

Thank you very much.

PS if it isnt too much trouble I was wonder how low into the frame from the top does the door sit? Mine apears to sit about 2" low when closed into the frame.

-Steven t
CharmedCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:11 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Door measurements

Steven, the Eco is a fairly uncommon make, so you may have a wait before another Eco owner comes along.

It is similar to a Boler or Scamp. The measurements may not be the same, but the door fit issues are similar.

I think if you post some good pictures of the problem- close-ups and from further away, different angles- you may get some useful suggestions. Show the hinges, the door alignment in the opening when closed, the floor threshold area, the gap at the bottom, and anything else that seems pertinent.

Have you checked the condition of the frame carefully? Are the closet by the door and other interior components present and solidly attached to the shell?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:26 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Looking at your registry photo, it appears the body is sagging down 2 to 3 inches on the hinge side (right side) of the door frame. Could be due to a problem with the trailer frame directly under the door. Some Boler (and possibly Scamp) owners on this forum have experience with this problem.

You could wait for someone with this problem to post a response, or start searching previous threads to find related discussions.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote