Drawer guide broke. - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #1

Name: K
Trailer: C
Iowa
Drawer guide broke.

When I bought my 2015 SD17, I found this piece of plastic under the sink, and I finally see where it goes. It is a drawer guide that must have broke when they assembled it. Is there an easy way to repair or replace it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2797b.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	139088
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #2

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Go to Home Depot, Lowes or your local hardware store. They will probably have a replacement.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #3

Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Adams View Post
Go to Home Depot, Lowes or your local hardware store. They will probably have a replacement.

Good idea, I will do that.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:47 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escapeó 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Check out the Rockler website . Rockler carries a large inventory of quality cabinet hardware .
steve dunham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:04 PM   #5

Iowa
I ordered some of these from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-7.../dp/B00C5SQIS8
Old 01-20-2021, 11:28 PM   #6

Name: Frank
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream
Nevada
Registry
Looks like you have found the right replacement part wHoot! In your search I am sure you have found upgrade drawer guides that are easy to install and make the drawers work a lot better. Think about an upgrade and install, you will like the way a better guide makes your drawers work. You can get drawer guides with soft closers that will keep your drawers closed as you travel down the road.
canyon Rafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #7

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Chair Glides

I had the exact same problem in my 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe!!

I solved the problem by removing both the right and left drawer slides with their assiciated screws and replaced them with these MagicSliders chair "feet". Note: I only used the white nylon piece after slipping the brown/black plastic grommet off the nail. Unfortunately, these seem to come in packages of 8-40; I happened to have about 24 of them left over from a previous installation on our kitchen chairs. After installing the chair glides, I found that the drawer's existing center guide rail sufficiently keeps the drawer straight when opening/closing the drawer.

Surfing the web this morning, I found similar items at Lowes, Ace Hardware and Amazon.

I recommend that, after removing the initial guides, you measure the clearance distance from the top of the side of the drawer to insure that you don’t get slides that are too thick. If you can’t find anything within that limit, you can probably chisel or drill out a bit of the wood crossmember that the drawer rests on where the glides will be installed to compensate.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:41 PM   #8

Name: Hersh
Trailer: Wonderfully interested
Oregon
You have been offered several good options to fix that problem. I believe its brand name is Delta Drawer slide sold by Prime-line. Back in the early 80's they were introduced as a "low end grade/cost effective/cheap I would never use that piece of **** in any of my cabinets" alternative to wooden slides used in earlier cabinets from 60's-70's as Euro slides were coming in at that time. They worked well and used to be very inexpensive, but not so much NOW with suppliers I used in the past.

Good luck... again the solutions offered are very good.
Hersh is offline   Reply With Quote