Drying damp towels? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #41

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsironi View Post
Well, this summer in Canada I tried the micro fleece towel. It worked for me, but my wife prefers the solid bath towels.
We camp in the shoulder seasons in the Northwest, so we've experienced the same issue. For a while I used a synthetic chamois that was "around" and the only drawback I found was that it was just a bit short to pull across my back easily.

So, I recently bought a $20 pack of "Country Bound Fast Drying Travel Towel Quick Dry" with "3 Practical Sizes Included". The bath towel is so generously-sized that I have to be careful not to drag it on the wet floor in the camp showers while the hand towel is probably a bit smaller than the chamois.

The towels dry me and then dry themselves quickly which is basically the whole point of the exercise, so I'm good with them.

One thing I always point out to the Mrs. is to notice which clothes and towels dry most quickly in the dryer at home; those are the things to take camping when it's cold and damp around here.

Oh, and the Mrs. allows that she's "interested" in the synthetic towels, so we'll see how that goes.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote