DYI Car-wash Stations in Vancouver - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We're in Vancouver BC and we can't, for the life of us, think of a place in the city where a person can wash a car, boat, RV or anything by hand. I would really like to do a Vert-Glass application and need to get this thing anti-oxidized. I would prefer to take it into a fiberglass place to be re-gelled but I'm not sure how or where to begin with that at the moment.

If anyone who likes tinkering and wants to make a little extra coin helping us with some of the things we need doing, let us know. Some fairly simple items like trim replacement, faucet replacement, shelf installation etc.
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Talking

Quote:
We're in Vancouver BC and we can't, for the life of us, think of a place in the city where a person can wash a car, boat, RV or anything by hand. I would really like to do a Vert-Glass application and need to get this thing anti-oxidized. I would prefer to take it into a fiberglass place to be re-gelled but I'm not sure how or where to begin with that at the moment.

If anyone who likes tinkering and wants to make a little extra coin helping us with some of the things we need doing, let us know. Some fairly simple items like trim replacement, faucet replacement, shelf installation etc.
Would love to help but the gulf islands are just a little too far away. As for washing, how about renting a power washer. Be careful with it, tho.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Would love to help but the gulf islands are just a little too far away. As for washing, how about renting a power washer. Be careful with it, tho.
cheers
Ian

Good idea but we can't wash cars, boats or trailers in parking spaces with pressure washers (or anything). Most designated washing stations are in underground parking areas. Storage facilities don't allow washing. City life! weee
Old 04-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
gas station?
I luv livin rural!
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, I guess theres something to be said for our new TownHome complex, free R/V parking and a free car/R/V trailer wash spot with TONS of water pressure.

I'm wonderin IF your Trillium Paul might fit in one of those drive through wash racks??? There are MANY around that will handily park a semi-rig inside and still others have no roof and or front/back doors on them.

Keep lookin, they are out there, or at least here in M'Ridge (thats no where near the ocean, BTW, LOL!!!).
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Well, I guess theres something to be said for our new TownHome complex, free R/V parking and a free car/R/V trailer wash spot with TONS of water pressure.

I'm wonderin IF your Trillium Paul might fit in one of those drive through wash racks??? There are MANY around that will handily park a semi-rig inside and still others have no roof and or front/back doors on them.

Keep lookin, they are out there, or at least here in M'Ridge (thats no where near the ocean, BTW, LOL!!!).
That's exactly what I'm looking for: I know I have passed them in White Rock, Langley, Surrey and I hear there are some in Richmond. but you can't find them online, in phone books (who uses a phone book?) and no-one seems to have directions. I'm fairly certain the don't exist in Vancouver proper but someone reading this must know of one close-ish.

Does someone have a rough estimate address (cross streets) to one of these washing stations? pretty please.

Thank you so much in advance. I'll buy the beer at the next meetup

(no where near the ocean???)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Quote:
That's exactly what I'm looking for: I know I have passed them in White Rock, Langley, Surrey and I hear there are some in Richmond. but you can't find them online, in phone books (who uses a phone book?) and no-one seems to have directions. I'm fairly certain the don't exist in Vancouver proper but someone reading this must know of one close-ish.

Does someone have a rough estimate address (cross streets) to one of these washing stations? pretty please.

Thank you so much in advance. I'll buy the beer at the next meetup

(no where near the ocean???)
Hey there is a Wash World on the corner of Steveston Hwy and #4 Road in Richmond....off hand I can't think of anything closer....Good luck on your search. Are you going to the Fiberglass trailer meet in Mission in May? Maybe we will see you there.
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:

2 wash places come to mind. There is one on Main St. at Mountain Hwy in North Van and another one on Lougheed Hwy at Dominion in Port Coquitlam.
Mike Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
... Are you going to the Fiberglass trailer meet in Mission in May? Maybe we will see you there.
Yes Emily, we are. See you there!

And thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #10

Quote:
2 wash places come to mind. There is one on Main St. at Mountain Hwy in North Van and another one on Lougheed Hwy at Dominion in Port Coquitlam.
That Dominion and Lougheed sounds close enough for cigars. Thanks Mike.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
Also, I believe right at the Langley end of the Golden Ears bridge on 96th I believe--there is a truck washing bay...
So would be around 200th street and 96th avenue--across the road from Jimy Macs pub...
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote