We have been deciding between several FG eggs but keep coming back to Jim Palmer's EggCamper
mainly due to the larger size and the fact that it isn't covered in all that carpet everywhere!
We are getting close to putting a deposit on a brand new unit, but would like any owners of new units (within the past couple of years) to answer a few questions.
The pricing and option sheet Jim sent us is pretty slim. The only options are an awning
and a split mattress. But as far as what comes standard on the unit, the info is lacking too.
I have sent emails asking the below questions of Jim, but he just keeps sending me the same very limited PDFs instead of addressing my questions.
I read that people say he is better on the phone than with email, but I like my answers in writing so I can refer back to them. I sometimes forget to write down all that is said on the phone and then I am back at square one.
1. He mentions 14 gal fresh, but nothing about grey, black or a combo grey/black tank. Is there one?
2. Will he put in a cable tv connection? If not, what did it cost those of you who brought it to someone to put it in?
3. Are there any exterior outlets or a light
outside the door?
4. I see some units with carpeting up the walls. I sure hope this is not the case as I want nothing on the walls/ceilings. That's why we are not getting a scamp
5. Is the shower area as big as it appears to be in the photos?
6. Is the Bimini awning
he sells a good one? The photos make it appear rather flimsy. What have you done re: awning
or screen rooms?
7. Does it come with a separate screen door?
8. I understand there is a window (escape hatch) that does not have a screen available for it. Is this the case?
I know I'm asking alot of questions, but even though I could call Jim and get these answers, I do like to hear it from those of you who are actually experiencing the units.
Thanks so much,