elec brakes and light wiring - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Hi All,

Our Scamp '85 revamp project is coming along nicely, and we'll be taking it out for our very first camp trip in it next week....Lake Tahoe. I am planning to post some pics of our trailer once we come back from our first camping trip.

We finally got around to having 7-pin wiring and brake controller installed on our tv (relied on a 6 pin connection and magnetic portable trailer lights to get it home from Southern CA), and now we'd like to get the lights and brakes working on the trailer. Does anyone know of a how-to page/site where I can find out exactly how to wire/rewire electric brakes and driving lights on a Scamp? I know our trailer has electric brakes, but I don't know if they work or not, and our trailer's driving lights only work intermittently and partially (when we jiggle the connector wires, they flick on or off- randomly...and turn signal/brake lights don't seem to be getting any connection). The trailer's light wiring is old, worn, and has been retaped several times, so I am thinking we might benefit from simply rewiring.

Thanks!
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Send a message via MSN to KenReiss
http://www.bolerrv.com/wiring.php
KenReiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Here's the Scamp Wiring Diagram from Dan & Dawn's Scamp page and owner's manual. It doesn't show the breakaway brake switch wiring, but that can be found on the Tekonsha web site.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, light, lighting, tail lights