Ensolite cleaning and reattaching - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Name: Chris & Sarah
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Ensolite cleaning and reattaching

So one of the one of first things I need to do to our Boler is clean up the ensolite insulation, reattach it in places, and retape the seams.

In reading so many threads on these forums, I've learned to wash down everything with a bleach/water mix, which I did today. It took quite a bit off, but there is still some residual "stuff" in the camper. I've attached some pics, but these are from before I washed it with bleach/water.

So, my question is, what does everyone think about now using Concrobium Mold Control to really get rid of the mold/mildew?

I should use cement glue to reattach the insulation, right? And two-sided mounting tape to retape the seams? I don't want to caulk the seams, so two-sided tape, it is!

Thanks for any and all advice!

Sarah
Attached Thumbnails
couch.jpg   table.jpg  

ChriSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1973 13' Trillium
Ontario
Thumbs up to using Concrobium Mold Control to really get rid of the mold/mildew?I did my whole inside and it works great!
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #3

Name: sharon
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
rubbing alcohol & a toothbrush got all the nooks & crannies clean on mine.
the seam tape from scamp had less adhesive than a cheap post-it note so I sprayed every piece with adhesive before I put it up. 90% success rate. i wish i had better news, I wish you luck!
sharon_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #4

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler 1700
Michigan
I also love Concrobium. Works great. If you are planing on spraying concrobium where you have already bleached, their website says that you should wash and that area with warm water and detergent.

FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions On Mold Removal, Mildew Removal
"I’ve already treated an area with bleach. Can I use Concrobium Mold Control now?
When bleach attacks surface mold, it leaves a carbon layer residue that prevents Concrobium Mold Control from penetrating to the mold roots or hyphae. This can limit the product’s effectiveness. If you’ve already treated a moldy area with bleach in the past, you should first wipe the area down with warm water and detergent to remove the layer. Once the area is dry, apply Concrobium Mold Control as recommended in the usage instructions."
Lisa in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:31 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Reading the Concrobium FAQs, this product kills mold and prevents it from returning. Its not really a cleaner. So if you apply Concrobium and then later wash the surface, you need to re-apply Concrobium to prevent mold from returning.

I love it because it greatly relieves my allergy and asthma symptoms.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #6

Name: Chris & Sarah
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
I'm planning now to use Concrobium as my final step. I think the bleach/water did a good preliminary job. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle it with a magic eraser. Once I'm satisfied, I'll use the spray.
ChriSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
We used liquid TSP in one of the series of washes.
Filled the gaps with latex caulking before applying seam tape - that gives more surface area for the tape to adhere to.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #8

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1973 13' Trillium
Ontario
Concrobium Eraser the greatest for stubborn Stains!

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post.Under $20. Cda. You mix it according to label and spray it on and it does all the work. Dries to a powder and just needs to be easily wiped off.No mussel required!
Rick, North shore of Lake Erie
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #9

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in Michigan View Post
I also love Concrobium. Works great. If you are planing on spraying concrobium where you have already bleached, their website says that you should wash and that area with warm water and detergent.

FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions On Mold Removal, Mildew Removal
"I’ve already treated an area with bleach. Can I use Concrobium Mold Control now?
When bleach attacks surface mold, it leaves a carbon layer residue that prevents Concrobium Mold Control from penetrating to the mold roots or hyphae. This can limit the product’s effectiveness. If you’ve already treated a moldy area with bleach in the past, you should first wipe the area down with warm water and detergent to remove the layer. Once the area is dry, apply Concrobium Mold Control as recommended in the usage instructions."
My wife used Ammonia rinsed it very well the used the Concrobium Mold Control letting it sit between applications seems to work well along with some work with a fine brush.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #10

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Looking good! It's amazing how they clean up.
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote