Ensolite Interior - Cleaning/Painting ?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #21

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Simple Green if I remember correctly. I'll try the Tilex someone recommended. I don't know the history on the Scamp--just that it was abused and quite unloved in it's former life.
CBinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #22

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I used Simple Green Extreme and then the bleach to try to kill the mildew spores. I then primed with Bullseye 123, followed by a paint with mildew and mold inhibitor in it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette in NS View Post
For those who have taken the cabinets out (Boler 13') did you support the ceiling while you painted them? Or perhaps just take one side out at a time? Our old lineoleum is covering the wheel wells and the ensolite behind the kitchen cabinets is dirty and I want to get in there - but I'm nervous about the structural support the cabinets provide.
I would not worry too much about keeping the structural support items in the Boler while you are cleaning or doing updates. They are not required for the roof to support its own self-weight. As long as the exterior (roof) of the trailer is not subject to snow loads, or you are not towing the trailer, it will be fine. If storing over winter where snow can accumulate on the roof or if towing the trailer, I would suggest putting the structural supports back in place first.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #24

Name: Jeannette
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
We have it in a garage. We will probably pull it off the frame and will leave the cabinets for that process and then wait until a new frame is under it to pull the cabinets...I think
Jeannette in NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:26 PM   #25

Name: Ace
Trailer: 16' Casita 13' Scamp and Teardrop
Chicagoland
Takey Ensolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinID View Post
Is a degreaser necessary before priming? My Scamp's walls feel tacky, even after scrubbing.

Cathy
I too have found that my Ensolite stays tacky even after trying a handful of different cleaners including goof off, Scrubbing Bubbles, dish soap and TileX. I did do a spot with car wax and it apparently covered the sticky but I don't think paint would adhere to a waxed Ensolite.I have thought about just throwing a coat of Kilz at the problem but it may be quite a problem if it doesn't stick.
aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:14 AM   #26

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
After scrubbing mine was tacky too.
I think that is the nature of the beast.
Since mine was stained by years of mold even after scrubbing with everything from bleach to strong detergents I knew I was going to Kiltz it and DW Connie wanted "her" color that was what I did.
I used Bullseye 123 with mildewcide and a really good interior latex with the same.
The tacky stays under the primer and everything came out great!
All of the scrubbing is a pretty good degreaser by the way.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #27

Name: Cooper
Trailer: Scamp
Utah
Where did you get T-Moulding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisspippy View Post
I plan to prime my ensolite and fiberglass with STIX primer then top coat with Benjamin Moore Aura eggshell. I did a test patch last night directly on the ensolite with no priming and it looks great - good adhesion and coverage. Some dripped on to the fiberglass and after smearing it around then checking 1/2 hr later I was very surprised at how well it stuck. You couldn't even scrape it off with a fingernail. Tempts me to skip the priming but I'll do it just to make sure! Topped off with new T-moulding in white it should look awesome!! I will post pics when it's done! Btw, am cleaning first with B.M. Oil & Grease Cleaner - if you are using TSP, make sure it is well-rinsed before priming.
Hi! I am interested in where you picked up your t-moulding and what you used to glue or snap it into place?

Thanks!
Bingalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:56 PM   #28

Trailer: 76 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Elbow grease & vinegar!

Living where it seems to be always cool, damp, and dark, and not having the luxury of heated indoor storage, Kermit goes to the driveway mold spa twice/year, where he is treated to an invigorating non-chemical scrub. I use straight vinegar in a spray bottle, a nail brush (or small similar). Work a small section at a time, wipe down w/warm water sponge -- always amazed how quickly the water needs to be changed. Vinegar is a miracle cleaner.
susan b. davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Vinegar is a chemical composition.

Vinegar is a liquid that is produced from the fermentation of ethanol into acetic acid. The fermentation is carried out by bacteria.
Vinegar consists of acetic acid (CH3COOH), water and trace amounts of other chemicals, which may include flavorings. The concentration of the acetic acid is variable. Distilled vinegar contains 5-8% acetic acid. Spirit of vinegar is a stronger form of vinegar that contains 5-20% acetic acid.